TED Talk: Celeste Headley “10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation” (11 minutes)
*This assignment has some interactive elements which require you to have a conversation with a friend family member, or coworker.
Please watch the video and create at least 3 posts. You may do more.
(at least 800 - 1000 words for the whole assignment)
Please answer all of the discussion questions about the following video. Develop thoughtful responses for each question. Include your own ideas and reference the video and outside sources.
Before watching the video answer question 1 - 2
- Do you think you are a good conversationalist? Why or Why not?
- *Ask 2 people (friends, family members, or coworkers) how they would describe your style of conversation. Paraphrase their responses. Did you expect the responses that were given?
After watching the video answer question 3 - 8
- Do you find yourself doing any of the negative things that Headley mentioned? Explain.
- Is there a technique that Headley mentioned that you will try to incorporate into your set of skills? Explain.
- What was something interesting or surprising that you heard in the video?
- Choose at least 2 specific concepts from our textbook that you can connect to Headley’s talk? Explain.
- Pick a quotation from the talk and explain what you liked and/or didn’t like about it.
- *After watching the video choose a technique that Headley mentioned and incorporate it into a conversation with a friend, family member, or coworker. Describe the interaction and the results.
POST 2: A substantive response to a classmate's post in which you discuss the ideas presented in the video.
POST 3: A substantive response to a classmate's post in which you discuss the ideas presented in the video.
(Remember you may do more than 2 responses)
The SPC 209 grading criteria explains expectations for discussion posts. It can be found under Course Materials/Content in the Introductory Materials module.
- a month ago
- runge-kutta acer
- michael smith
- Homework Pro
- RESPECT WRITER
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- brilliant answers
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Amanda Smith
- Atta ur Rehman
- Catherine Owens
- Terry Roberts
- MathStat Genius
- Madam Josephine
- kim woods
- Ashley Ellie
- Tiny Chris
- Miss Professor
- All Works solver
- Miss Lily J.
- Jen Tech1
- Phd christine
- phyllis young
- Creative Geek
- Bright Grades
- prof. mukunga
- professor mitch
- Top Notch Answer
- perfect hamza
- Uncle J
- Poetry 3 Questions based on 3-4 min videos. need complete answers and grammatucally correct
- Finance Report 8-10 Pages
- MKT 498 (Integrated Marketing Strategies) Week 4 Complete A+
- The behavior of teens and "tweens" is often considered an issue of serious concern in today's society. From improper dress to drugs to sex and violence, many parents worry that adolescent behavior is out of control. In addition, some are concerned that th
- quality standards
- BHR 3352 Unit 4 Case Study - Human Resource Management
- W7 Discussion
- Assignment 1The Promises and Perils of Nuclear Power
- Key Components of an Ideal Healthcare System
- Small assignment due at 9:00 (central)