Topic 2 [article]: Transcriptomes. The complete set of all DNA in a cell is called the genome. The complete set of all the mRNA in a cell is called the transcriptome. Read the following article about the transcriptome (1)*, then address the following:
- (a) What does the transcriptome tell us that we can’t get from the genome?
- (b) Explain how this concept relates to our lesson on gene expression from Chapter 7.
References (in Strayer Writing Standards format).
- Associated Press, May 20, 2010. Scientists make synthetic cell using manmade DNA., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyAOepIU6uo
- Newsy Science, March 25, 2016. Synthetic life has been streamlined and is ready to be put to work., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saaWTiQie0M
- National Human Genome Research Institute, August 27, 2015, Transcriptome, https://www.genome.gov/13014330/transcriptome-fact-sheet/
- In forecasting, MacDonald’s Wing® discovered that
- Business Ethic
- Art Week One Individual Project
- Professionals must develop plans for gathering and using assessment data. Select three of the strategies presented on pages 139–142 of Assessing and Guiding Young Children's Development and Learning, and explain how each strategy that you selected can be
- ETHC 445 Principles of Ethics
- Strategic Analysis
- Chosen Company: US Airways
- Based on the chart above, does there appear to be an association between time of day
"Synthetic chromosomes, Transcriptomes, and Patents on BRCA genes"
This week is all about our DNA and genes. For your primary post, respond to of the following three topics. Also, please …
The complete set of all DNA in a cell is called the genome. The complete set of all the mRNA in a cell is called the transcriptome. Read the following article about the transcriptome (1)*, …