GRADED DISCUSSION WEEK 4
Please note that if you edit your initial response (Original Post), you will not get credit for the Original Post. The discussions are set up as "Must post first".
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
Please also note that your answers should be written in your own words. Don’t use quotes from the Internet, articles, or textbooks.
For this week discussion you will be using
In your initial response you should answer the main question: If you are an investor who is looking for a corporate bond to invest to, are you going to buy a bond that you chose? To answer this question you should complete three steps:
1). Copy the bond's quotation from the website.
2). Describe the main elements of the bond:
- Coupon rate
- Calculate annual coupon payment (assuming face value $1,000)
- What is the frequency of coupon payments of the bond? If the frequency is greater than 1, how much is payment is going to be?
- Rating. Explain the meaning of rating.
- The last price listed in quotation
- How much the investor would pay for the bond assuming $1,000 face value and using the last price listed in quotation?
- Calculate the current yield of the bond assuming that par value of the bond is $1,000
- How much is the YTM listed in quotations is for the bond? Explain the meaning of YTM.
- Is the bond callable or not? If the bond that you chose is callable (non-callable), will it change your decision to buy it?
To find the information on bonds, click on Search in the middle of the screen, under Quick Search type the Issuer Name and the Symbol, and click SHOW RESULTS.
Another useful website on bond information is https://markets.businessinsider.com/bonds. To find the information on bonds, scroll down the page, type the name of the company in the window under Bond Finder, and click SEARCH.
3) Take a look at the balance sheet and income statement of the company. What data or ratios support your decision to buy this bond or not? You should develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale to explain your answer.
Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
In your responses to other students you should answer the question: Would you prefer to buy the bond issued by the company chosen by another student? You should develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale to explain your answer.
- 4 days ago
- Emily Clare
- Dr. Adeline Zoe
- Eva Green
- Dr. Beneve
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Ashley Ellie
- Madam Michelle
- Brilliant Geek
- RESPECT WRITER
- Rosie September
- Amanda Smith
- UNDISPUTED GEEK
- Terry Roberts
- Brainy Brian
- Ultimate GEEK
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- MISS MLUCK
- kim woods
- Miss Professor
- Wendy Lewis
- Rey writer
- Rima Makenzie
- runge-kutta acer
- Phd christine
- Michelle Owens
- Guarantee Pass
- Rose Wilson
- Academic Mentor
- Phd isaac newton
- Star writer
- Martin Writer
- Prof Daniel W
- Seasoned Helper
- super content
- quality hub
- Expert Humaira
- BZ 400 EXAM 2
- public admin
- Effects of News Media
- 4 Page Paper- Recalls
- HCA WK 4/28
- MUSC 11
- Inventory management-discussion post
- RES 531 Week 3 Assignment 2: Context of the Problem
- BSA 375 Week 1 Individual: Software Development Presentation
- Discuss the proposal, planning and execution of a HCIT project and the significance of these elements.