Discussion: Techniques of Development
In order to craft an effective and interesting short story, a writer must be able to help the reader visualize the setting and understand the movement in the story. A loss of the story's realistic nature could mean the loss of a reader. Writers often create this context by describing the details visible to the characters and using narration to relate the background to what is happening in the story. In this Discussion, you will examine how established writers use the development techniques of setting, plot, and time to create an effective story.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review the assigned portions of Chapters 5, 9, and 10 in Shaping the Story.
Review the following short stories and look for the techniques of time, setting, and plot: ·
- Louise Erdrich, “The Red Convertible” in Shaping the Story.
- Chopin, K., & Knights, P. (2000). The Awakening, and Other Stories. Oxford, [England]: Oxford University Press. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/engl2110
Consider how the authors use the setting, plot, and time in their stories as tools to describe and narrate the scenes.
- What are the settings of each story?
- How do the authors establish plot in each story?
- In what time frame does each story occur?
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post 2 to 3 paragraphs deconstructing the use of description and narration in each story. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- How do the authors use description and narration to explain their stories to the reader?
- How do the authors develop their plots?
- How is it similar to or different from the way the other authors developed their plots?
- How do the authors create the settings?
- How does clarity of plot make a story more effective?
- How do the authors illustrate the passage of time?
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week's Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced.
- MEERAB NAEEM
- Dr Candice_2547
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- quality work for all
- wizard kim
- professor mitch
- Wendy Lewis
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- kim woods
- Catherine Owens
- Rey writer
- Dr shamille Clara
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Terry Roberts
- Angelina May
- Miss Professor
- Ultimate GEEK
- RESPECT WRITER
- Rosie September
- Phd isaac newton
- Emily Michael
- Urgent Tutor
- Emily Clare
- Eva Green
- Casey Celia
- Dr. Elahi
- Professor M
- Saad Fahim
- Business CALC.
- Assignment 2: IT Strategic Planning
- A+ Work
- What are some of the major strategies and risks behind implementing cloud computing programs in today’s technology filled world?
- homework FOR REY WRITER ONLY
- Write a long contrast pargraph
- Discuss your experience and what features you found most helpful in the Practice Fusion free Web-based EHR website to facilities and physicians. How can these features assist the physician or facility in providing a high quality of care?
- Department Meeting at Workplace*****A++ Rated Tutorial Already***** Use as a Guide Paper*****
- BUS 375 Week 2 Assignment Performance Appraisals*****A++ Rated Tutorial Already***** Use as a Guide Paper*****
- Team Creativity