Week 8 6090 Please use the reading
Feeding and Eating Disorders, Somatic Symptom Disorders, and other Related Disorders
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013g). Feeding and eating disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm10
· Khalsa, S. S., Portnoff, L. C., McCurdy-McKinnon, D., & Feusner, J. D. (2017). What happens after treatment? A systematic review of relapse, remission, and recovery in anorexia nervosa. Journal of Eating Disorders, 5(20), 1–12. doi:10.1186/s40337-017-0145-3
· Lewis, B., & Nicholls, D. (2016). Behavioural eating disorders. Paediatrics and Child Health, 26(12), 519–526. doi:10.1016/j.paed.2016.08.005
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013p). Somatic symptom and related disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm09
· Brown, P., Lyson, M., & Jenkins, T. (2011). From diagnosis to social diagnosis. Social Science & Medicine, 73(6), 939–943. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2011.05.031
· Document: The Case of O (PDF)
· Document: Guide for Creating and Uploading a PowerPoint
· Laureate Education (Producer). (2018d). Psychopathology and diagnosis for social work practice podcast: Feeding and eating disorder and somatic symptom disorders [Audio podcast]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
· TEDx Talks. (2016b, June 29). Starving for the good: An anorexic’s search for meaning and perfection | Elisabeth Huh | TedxUChicago [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxI0ewBJdMo
· TEDx Talks. (2013b, October 21). An epidemic of beauty sickness | Renee Engeln | TedxUConn 2013 [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/63XsokRPV_Y
· TED Conferences, LLC (Producer). (2016). What happens when you have a disease doctors can’t diagnose [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.ted.com/talks/jen_brea_what_happens_when_you _have_a_disease_doctors_can_t_diagnose
· The Complexity of Eating Disorder Recovery in the Digital Age
· a 300- to 500-word response in which you address
· the following:
· • Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis for O. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention). Keep in mind a diagnosis covers the most recent 12 months.
· Explain the diagnosis by matching the symptoms identified in the case to the specific criteria for the.
· Explain why it is important to use an interprofessional approach in treatment. Identity specific professionals you would recommend for the team, and describe how you might best utilize or focus their services.
· Explain how you would use the client’s family to support recovery. Include specific behavioral examples.
· Select and explain an evidence-based, focused treatment approach that you might use in your part of the overall treatment plan.
· Explain how culture and diversity influence these disorders. Consider how gender, age, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and/or ethnicity/race affect the experience of living with an eating disorder.
Note: You do not need to include an APA reference to the DSM-5 in your response. However, your response should clearly be informed by the DSM-5, demonstrating an understanding of the risks and benefits of treatment to the client. You do need to include an APA reference for the treatment approach and any other resources you use to support your response.
- 2 years ago
- wizard kim
- Michelle Owens
- writer respect
- Reem Hasan
- quality work for all
- nadia tutor
- Jenny Boom
- Jessica Luis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- Tiny Chris
- Terry Roberts
- ANN HARRIS
- Miss Professor
- RESPECT WRITER
- kim woods
- phyllis young
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Rey writer
- ENS. writer
- Wendy Lewis
- Sara Waynes
- Emily Clare
- Emily Michael
- KUDLER FINE FOODS SHOPPER PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION - SECTION 1 24
- ALEKS Objective Knowledge Check.
- Assignment 1: Project Analysis
- Can anyone do a 3 page essay?
- Discussion question
- persnal statment
- To select 10 students our of the class of 40 students,
- academic cheating
- Political Science: Investment Analysis (Quality Work Only)
- The purpose of this literature review is for you to practice the following: Critically review the articles and understand how the concepts are related Synthesize the various concepts and results of the review Write a collective analysis of the articles
- NOT RATED
Both eating disorders and somatic symptom disorders involve a mind-body relationship. However, those living with somatic disorders tend to be highly sensitized to their body experiences in a …a year ago
- NOT RATED
The Case of OPATIENT SUMMARY—ODEMOGRAPHIC DATA:This was an emergency, voluntary admission for this 28-year-old single white female. This was her fourth psychiatric hospitalization. O …a year ago