Describe data recovery methods on a Linux machine.CyberG
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Describe data recovery methods on a Linux machine.
You are an employee of Azorian Computer Forensics, a privately owned forensics investigations and data recovery firm in the Denver, Colorado area.A client has experienced a severe malware attack in which files were deleted from a file and printer server, which had not been backed up. You will assist Pat, one of Azorian's lead investigators, in recovering the data using Scalpel. First Pat wants you to research Scalpel to understand how the tool works. Your research might be used in the next company newsletter.For this assignment, write a report based on the following:
- Research Scalpel on the Internet.
- Describe the main steps and commands an investigator should take to use Scalpel to recover data.
- Include a link and brief description of a video or short tutorial you found while conducting research on Scalpel.
- At a high level, describe file carving in Scalpel. For this part, do not list the commands a person would run, but explain the process Scalpel takes to examine file headers and footers.
- Course textbook
- Internet access
Submission RequirementsFormat:Microsoft WordFont:Arial, 12-point, double-spaceCitation Style:Follow your school's preferred style guideLength:1-2 pages
- I researched Scalpel on the Internet.
- I described the main steps and commands an investigator should take to use Scalpel to recover data.
- I included a link and brief description of a video or short tutorial you found while conducting research on Scalpel.
- At a high level, I described file carving in Scalpel.
- 5 months ago
- Assignment 6: VoIP Part 4 (Risk Register)
- Inventory and Cost of Goods
- Geography For Hr_gal only
- Final Draft
- 3RD ASSIGNMENT DJC
- pros and cons of an energy source that you believe has the most potential for widespread use as an alternative to fossil fuels for electricity generation.
- Field Work essay
- week 5
- How does this significant event relate to the changes on health care? In your opinion, has this event impacted the historical evolution of health care? If so, how? If not, could it?