Deliverable 1 - Agenda-Setting Theorykkeri22
Analyze the evolution of social media standards and practices and how it relates to the potential need for regulation of social media, along with ethical concerns.
Many people get all or most of their news from social media. For this project, we are going to be analyzing the content of several social media sites from major news sources, paying particular attention to social media standards, practices, and regulation.
Where do you get your news? Start by going to one major news site's FACEBOOK page (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.) Try another different news site's TWITTER feed, and third choose another social media site such as Reddit, Pinterest, or another (preferably one you use, if there is one).
Analyze the sites in a 3-5 page total paper. In your analysis, be sure to include the following:
- General introduction to your thoughts on the social media you studied
- Several social media practices you observed (e.g., what gets the most interaction?)
- Examples of regulation of social media and discussion of such regulation (Is it good, bad, or indifferent? How could circumstances change the situation?)
- Analysis of ethical concerns (e.g., can you see examples of bias?)
- What is the culture of each site – how do users seem to respond to questionable items? (Is racism or open mocking ignored or pursued?)
- Conclusion of your findings
I need this paper revised. it wasn't done properly. Below is the feedback from thee instructor. i need all of the areas to be passing.
NEEDS FIXED Introduction: 1 No Pass
You failed to provide a general introduction into which 3 news outlets on which 3 social media sites you reviewed and were sharing your general thoughts on. For instance,
Fox News on Facebook, CNN on Instagram, and MSNBC on Twitter
(these are examples which would show you will share information in your paper about 3 news outlets on 3 different social media platforms.)
NEEDS REVISED Social Media Practices: 2 Competence
You briefly mentioned general categories of interactions. What is getting the most interaction on the news outlet’s social media platforms specifically?
Be sure to identify and thoroughly analyze several social media practices from each of the news outlet’s sites
NEEDS REVISED Regulation: 2 Competence
You gave examples of regulation, in general. But, what regulation are for the news site’s platforms? Facebook requires users to be 13 years old. What about fake profiles? What about the pictures allowed on Instagram? What are the terms and conditions? Be specific with several (3 or more) good examples of social media regulation and an insightful analysis of impact.
Are they good? Bad? Indifferent? How could circumstances change the situation of regulation?
NEEDS FIXED Ethical Concerns: 1 No Pass
You failed to analyze ethical concerns for the news sites themselves. You don’t believe any of the news sites show bias? Be sure to share several (3 or more) ethical concerns and analyze them thoroughly.
NEEDS FIXED Culture: 1 No pass
You failed to identify specific users’ responses to questionable items on a page. In order to move to mastery, you should thoughtfully and completely consider the culture of each site (the 3 separate news outlets on separate social media platforms) such as is racism or open mocking of other’s views ignored or stopped? How do users respond to questionable items posted? Do they shame posts that are unacceptable?
NEEDS REVISED Conclusion: 2 Competence
You gave a bit of a conclusion. In order to move to mastery be sure to be thorough and insightful when summing up the information from the news outlets social media sites.
- 8 months ago
- for Math guy only
- Career paper
- Speed to Market
- Discipline Areas (Bodies of Knowledge)
- http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo40/bvialpando1/MSMTH123IA3Q7b_zpsqgzh1jbj.png << can you please help find an equation for this line in slope-intercept form? (I thought it was (y=0.20x...
- strategic plan
- What are the ethical issues raised by Tandy’s payment practices?
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Corporate Governance Bullet Point Outline
- Need help with assignment.
- MT435 DB8