As with all areas of the social work process, cultural competence is essential when engaging and assessing a child’s concerns. Being culturally competent includes understanding the unique needs of your client and asking how those needs can be fulfilled. Using an empowerment perspective treating clients as experts on their lives and their needs is essential. Not only does this establish your commitment to being culturally sensitive and aware, but it will enhance the therapeutic relationship. While it is essential to learn and master social work skills and techniques to be a successful practitioner, another significant indicator of a successful intervention is the relationship a social worker builds with his or her client. Some research suggests that the quality of the therapeutic relationship will account for 30% of the clinical outcome of the treatment (Miller, Duncan, and Hubble, 2005, as stated in Walsh, 2010, p. 7). Exhibiting a dedication to learning about a client’s culture, history, and current environmental factors exemplifies a social worker’s desire to build that client–worker bond.
For this Assignment, read the case study for Claudia and find two to three scholarly articles on social issues surrounding immigrant families.
By Day 7
In a 2- to 4-page paper, explain how the literature informs you about Claudia and her family when assessing her situation.
- Describe two social issues related to the course-specific case study for Claudia that inform a culturally competent social worker.
- Describe culturally competent strategies you might use to assess the needs of children.
- Describe the types of data you would collect from Claudia and her family in order to best serve them.
- Identify other resources that may offer you further information about Claudia’s case.
- Create an eco-map to represent Claudia’s situation. Describe how the ecological perspective of assessment influenced how the social worker interacted with Claudia.
- Describe how the social worker in the case used a strengths perspective and multiple tools in her assessment of Claudia. Explain how those factors contributed to the therapeutic relationship with Claudia and her family.
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
- Miss Deanna
- Amanda Smith
- The quA+lity
- teacher Charles
- Dr Ava_Mia
- Dr. Rocal
- Terry Roberts
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Super Geek
- Wendy Lewis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Quickly answer
- wizard kim
- brilliant answers
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- Emily Michael
- Jenny Boom
- Rey writer
- kim woods
- Potty Pavarotti
- Emily Clare
- phyllis young
- Dr shamille Clara
- Professional research writer
- Stano 001
- prof avril
- Dr. Elahi
- Professor Kings_
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- 200 words answer the following
- MGT 300 Week 5 Individual Assignment Marketing Trends Research
- TEC 401 Week 1 Individual Assignment Technology and Management Functions Paper
- Problem: Given the following printout, answer questions a through e.
- OMM 618 Week 5 DQ 1 ( HRM and the Organization ) - Tutorial Contains Two Answers For This Discussion - A Graded
- ACC 225 Week 6 Problem 6-1A
- Only For Kelly Jacobs
- BSHS 312 Week 5 Individual Assignment Personal Model of Helping
- AJS 562 Week 2 Individual Assignment Risk Management Paper
As with all areas of the social work process, cultural competence is essential when engaging and assessing a child’s concerns. Being culturally competent includes understanding the unique …
Assignment: Cultural Competence
As with all areas of the social work process, cultural competence is essential when engaging and assessing a child’s concerns. Being culturally competent includes …