Create a LinkedIn Profile for a Correctional PositionAcm
Warm-Up 2.1: Human Rights and the Correctional Setting
This reading explores the idea of human rights, or lack thereof, in correctional settings. As you read about human rights as well as how this applies to forensic psychology in the correctional setting, you will get a glimpse of the human rights or ethical violations that arise due to abuse of power, the client vulnerability, and role and boundaries issues.
Ward, T., & Birgden, A. (2007). Human rights and correctional clinical practice. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 12(6), 628-643.
Imagine that you would like to work in a correctional setting and are planning to utilize your Linked In Profile to get a job. For this assignment, you will first go on Linked In and search for different correctional employees in the field of forensic psychology. Some ways to search include by different state, federal, and county jail and prison names. You may also search the terms correctional and forensic psychologist, correctional counselor, treatment specialist, or any number of different titles you think may apply to a job you could hold in the future in a correctional institution.
After you have reviewed several profiles and feel like you have an understanding of the educational and professional backgrounds of individuals in the field, you will build your own mock profile. This might be a profile you would use after completing your degree and possibly an internship while in this degree program. Your mock Linked In Profile can be completed in a Word Document and should include the following:
- Education - List your educational degrees, past and current
- Employment Experience - Think of how you might describe each of your roles to make them applicable to a job in this field, even if the job was not a psychology oriented job.
- Summary - Include a summary of yourself to indicate your career goals and interests.
- Organizations - List and professional societies you’re a part of or would like to join.
- Volunteer - List your volunteer opportunities
- Honors and Awards - This can be creative- you may include awards or other personal achievements to make yourself really stand out.
- Skills - Pick 10 skills you might like to have by the end of this program or that you already possess.
Your mock profile should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University's Academic Integrity Policy.
You may also wish to start an actual LinkedIn profile (although this is not part of the assignment) as this will be an important step to getting a career after you graduate.
Length: 2-3 pages
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.
- 2 months ago
- NOT RATED
Imagine that you would like to work in a correctional setting and are planning to utilize your Linked In Profile to get a job. For this assignment, you will first go on Linked In and …2 years ago