COUN 506 Exam 3 (Liberty University)indigo11
- Some beginning Christian counselors may be tempted to quote a quick verse, or give an easy biblical solution without delving into deeper issues in the life of the client. What caution about using the Bible in counseling might that illustrate?
- The lectures discussed using the METAMORPH grid by filling in the biblical references and spiritual formation columns. What is the purpose behind doing that?
- Although the lectures emphasized the importance of inside-out change, the lectures also explained the value of outside-in change. What is the function of dislocating experiences in the context of outside-in change?
- Based on the week five lecture, what are some appropriate ways to use scripture in counseling?
- The lectures talk about the “level of risk” that different forms of prayer during counseling take. What is true from that discussion?
- The lectures talked about several ways that Scripture could be used in counseling. Which of the following are legitimate ways to use Scripture with our clients?
- The lectures talked about specific strategies for using the Bible in counseling. Which of the following would NOT be endorsed based on the lecture discussion
- Healing prayer can best be described as:
- The week five lecture talked about “depreciative desires” as a hindrance to reading Scripture for spiritual formation. What would be an example of thathindrance in the life of a client?
- Which answer below best describes the statement: “We can always count on God’s Word, but we must be careful of our interpretations and applications,” -- from the Five Potential Problems When Using the Bible in Christian Counseling lecture?
- The lecture defines the “Trinitarian Relationship in Counseling” as:
- In our Christian counseling, if we want to help our client read the Bible for spiritual formation, what is true?
- As a Christian counselor, I can use the Bible in an anthropological way. What would be an example of that in counseling?
- According to the lectures, a guiding principle for using scripture in counseling is
- The lecture discussed the value of, and some principles for using meditation in Christian counseling. Which of the following statements best corresponds with the lecture content?
- If we want our clients to “set the stage” for formative reading of Scripture, what should we encourage them to do?
- In the lecture discussion on potential problems when using the Bible in counseling, the lecturer referred to “relying excessively on the Bible when other strategies might be more helpful to the client at that moment.” What “trap” may that quote illustrate?
- The lectures explain that comments by the lecturer about Christian counseling are in the “soul care” tradition, and as such, spiritual formation is emphasized. Which answer below would NOT be true of Formative Reading of the Bible, as discussed in the lecture?
- In the context of the discussion on inside/out, outside/in change, the lecture used the term “condemnation engineering” as an example of a mechanism of outside-in change. What is an example of that mechanism?
- Similar to our consideration of using Scripture in Christian counseling, since prayer is a godly endeavor, we should always open up our counseling sessions with a spoken prayer.
- A basic principle of prayer is that when we get closer to God, we also get closer to people as well.
- Prayer helps us to get beyond the illusion that we are self-sufficient to move us to the reality that we are dependent on God.
- According to the lecture, helping a client change his/her behavior is never beneficial in producing true inner change.
- With regard to prayer and Christian counseling, the lecture refocused the question away from whether prayer should be a part of counseling, to a focus on what types of prayer minister best to our clients.
- Counseling, like medicine, begins with accurate assessment.
- The most prevalent and studied addictions are:
- _________________ is a vital trait for Christian counselors.
- 2 years ago
COUN 506 Exam 3 (Liberty University)
Purchase the answer to view it