COUN 506 Exam 2 (Liberty University)indigo11
- Which list below provides some of the best suggestions for building a therapeutic relationship in a Christian counseling session?
- What would a counselor do as an “engineer” as relates to multi-tasking in Christian counseling?
- One counseling benefit of Nouwen’s polarities model of spiritual formation is that we find clues as to typical counseling problems. If a client was at the “loneliness” end of the pole, he/she might be struggling with
- Although a counselor cannot magically make suffering disappear, how might a counselor provide immediate relief?
- The lecture talked about internal dissonance as one reason for personal suffering. What can we say about that?
- From the lecture discussion of the METAMORPH Grid, what is a true statement below?
- The lectures talked about creating “free space” in the process of counseling suffering clients. What is a true statement from that discussion?
- How does the rate limiting factor mentioned in the lecture and by McMinn relate to counseling?
- What is the idea behind the faith tradition vs. the formation tradition in the context of spirituality; why is focusing on our formation tradition important in counseling?
- According to the lecture, if someone were asked: “What is spirituality?”, how would they answer if they were coming from a post-modern point of view?
- If we take into account the Formation Field approach to spiritual formation in our counseling, what is true?
- From the lecture, when we define Christian counseling as a spiritual enterprise, what can we say?
- What is a main insight in Nouwen’s polarities model?
- From the lecture, McMinn discusses “Three Continuous Assessment Dimensions.” Which statement below is NOT one of them?
- The lecture talked about “hospitality” as one way for a counselor to respond to suffering. How might a counselor exercise hospitality?
- In counseling suffering people, what principle is true from the lectures?
- What propels a level of professionalism in Christian counseling?
- With regard to how a counselor’s temperament affects counseling, what can we say?
- What determines what you emphasize in counseling and the techniques you choose
- In the context of the discussion of Christian counseling as a spiritual enterprise, the lecture talked about “receiving grace” and “refining grace.” What is the main idea behind that discussion?
- One way to move your counselee from “stranger” to friend, is to ask the tough questions.
- There is little connection between a counselor’s worldview and the theory that a counselor chooses to promote healing.
- A purpose of the METAMORPH grid is to help a Christian counselor focus on factors that affect human behavior and emotions.
- Considering the lecture discussion of the five roles of a Christian counselor, we find that the role of “participant” has characteristics similar to establishing “solidarity” mentioned in a different lecture.
- With regard to attribution theory, as counselors we need to recognize that people are responsible for their own behavior but at the same time also respond to external events.
- The key idea of spirituality is to have a unified life
- In counseling suffering clients, looking at body language may help you identify some of your client’s faulty thinking about suffering.
- In the Bible the _____________ is conceived as the writers’ attempt to sum up the various components of psychological, spiritual, and relational health in human beings, which also affect the physical aspects of life.
- A healthier, more productive view of _______________ is to see them as indicators and motivators.
- The counselor must assess whether the client’s view of their _________ is healthy or unhealthy.
- a year ago
COUN 506 Exam 2 (Liberty University)
Purchase the answer to view it