Discuss the Daubert Standard and its impact on scientific evidence.
2. How can a forensic expert prepare for Voir Dire (qualifying an expert) and subsequent testimony?
Original responses to the Forum questions each week need to be substantial (350 words) and significantly supported two scholarly references. Students must also use proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. The in-text citations and references will be in APA Format.
Faigman, D. L., Slobogin, C., & Monahan, J. (2016). Gatekeeping science: Using the structure of scientific research to distinguish between admissibility and weight in expert testimony. Northwestern University Law Review, 110(4), 859-904. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy2.apus.edu/docview/1809934424/fulltextPDF/D7C5516A2DDF45F3PQ/1?accountid=8289
Kuchler, D. D. (2010). An In-Depth Look at Direct Examination of Expert Witnesses. FDCC Quarterly, 60(2), 151.
Sapir, G. I. (2007). Qualifying the expert witness: A practical voir dire. Forensic Magazine, 30-38.
Zimmerman, R. L. (2011). 10 best of good laboratory practices for forensic facilities: A key to satisfying Daubert's gatekeeper and rule 702. Forensic Science Policy & Management, 2(4), 187-197. doi: 10.1080/19409044.2012.706688
Total Pages: 86
Frye v. United States, 293 Fed. 1013 (1923). Retrieved from https://www.law.ufl.edu/_pdf/faculty/little/topic8.pdf
Watkins, H. (1994). Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: General acceptance rejected. Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal, 10(1), 259-265. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1160&context=chtlj
- essay questions fill in
- As Discussed
- for PhD doctorate only
- week 3
- Finance discussion question
- LASA I—Amphetamine Use and Abuse
- 1-2 pg Paper on a provided case study-Corporate & Social Responsibility Course
- NRS-410V Module 3 Case Study 2 - Mr. P is a 76-year-old male with cardiomyopathy……
- write 100 words on supply chain management and decision tools with references
- QNT561 Week 6 Chapter 8(Ex.38)