Choose ONE of the 6 catagories for the assignment. Read Instructions and Use Attachment. Assignment due 10/26/2019
Choose ONE (1) of the categories listed below to focus on for this First Paper assignment. For your topic you must demonstrate knowledge of the terms and concepts of Chapter 1 and incorporate them into your paper.
- Write a paper in which you compare and contrast two (2) major Eastern religions (Hinduism; Buddhism; Taoism; Confucianism; Shinto) Begin your project with a clear and focused thesis statement. Address the origins, region, main leaders, the particular teachings/philosophies, rituals, scriptures, holidays/holy days, and impact of the religions. Use the categories and terms from chapter 1 in your descriptions of the religions.
- Write a paper in which you feature a dialogue between Confucius and The Buddha. Begin your project with a clear and focused thesis statement. Address these points: origin/birth; what led to their ethical system; what is their ethical system; what was the reaction to their new concepts. Compare and contrast their teachings/philosophies. Use the terms and concepts from Chapter 1 to illuminate your dialogue.
- Write a paper presenting a visual report on two (2) Eastern religions sites nearby (an alternative for those in rural places would be to do an Internet search of two (2) religious locations). Begin your project with a clear and focused thesis statement. Look at architecture, interior space, etc. Include visuals to illustrate your points. How do these reflect the definitions and terms of Chapter 1, and what we have learned about these religions?
- Conduct an extensive interview with a person who practices Eastern religions and write a paper presenting the results of this interview. Begin your project with a clear and focused thesis statement. Use these questions in your interview: How did you become associated with this religion? What is it about this religion that intrigues you? Is it difficult to practice your faith? What readings/scriptures do you use? What are some rituals you perform? What holy days/holidays do you keep? What would you like your neighbors/colleagues to know about your faith? Use the definitions and categories of religion from Chapter 1 to guide the interview.
- Write a paper that explores Indigenous religions. After an introduction with a clear and focused thesis statement, set up a three-columned chart: one column for the basic elements of religion; one for Indigenous religions, and one for the Eastern religion of your choice (there are at least three that have Indigenous components/roots). Choose what you believe are at least the five (5) basic elements of a religion, then see if they are in Indigenous religions and an Eastern religion. Summarize your results in a concluding paragraph and address these questions: Based on the terms and definitions of Chapter 1, are indigenous religions really religions? Using the information from Chapter 2, did you find any indigenous religious elements in Eastern religions?
- Write a paper that explores religion in the news. Find an extensive news story on one Eastern religion or Indigenous religion. Begin your project with a clear, focused thesis statement. Using 5 (five) terms and concepts from Chapter 1 and pertinent chapters from Fisher, interpret that story for people at a family gathering by explaining how it relates to the basic tenets of that faith tradition.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Use at least three (3) quality resources as references for the assignment and document your sources using SWS Style for in-text citations and references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Write clearly and coherently using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and mechanics.
Your assignment must meet these requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine how the world views of major religions compare to each other and their impacts on society.
- Outline the world views of major religions.
Why HR Needs to Take Religion Seriously: https://www.hrzone.com/lead/culture/why-hr-needs-to-take-religion-seriously
HR Seeks Balance in Handling Religion in the Workplace: https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/news/hr-news/pages/handlingreligioninworkplace.aspx
God Has No Place in the Workplace: https://workology.com/god-work-religious-discrimination/
DO NOT USE THESE WEBSITES AS REFERENCES
- ESSAYS EXPERT PROFESSOR
- Hilary Mantel
- Discount Assign
- Quality Assignments
- Michel Owenns"
- Prof Double R
- The grAde
- grA+de plus
- Essays Guru
- RESPECT WRITER
- brilliant answers
- Dr. Ameerah
- Prof. Esmeralda
- Colossal Genius
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Dr Candice_2547
- Camile Faith
- Malik Tutor
- prof avril
- Catherine Owens
- Wendy Lewis
- Terry Roberts
- university work
- kim woods
- teacher Charles
- kristine tutor
- Quickly answer
- Jenny Boom
- Rey writer
- Top Grade Tutor
- Angelina May
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Angelo Grahams
- Academic Mentor
- Rising StArs
- MathStat Genius
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- QuALity Assign
- Dr. Elahi
- Dr.Sanam sheikh
- Phd christine
- work solutions
- professor mitch
- Saad Fahim
- Dr. brightspace
- Social Change
- finding the cost of a fraction of a pound
- Learning Team: Protocol Paper
- OSI Model, Switching Systems, Network Channel Processors, and Media
- due in 48hr must be original work
- âWe have a high quality surgi-center, we must attract physicians in the community who want to do their surgical cases...
- ACC 490 Week 3 Individual Assignment Ch. 5, 6, & 7 Textbook Exercises
- okon anyone find the "t" test for independent means for this set of numbers? ParticipantNo MedsMeds1111321416310144121758116151471215813189912101111
- i need help in a concrete class in civil engineering homework