This lab focuses on the ability to classify plants based on specific characteristics.
SLO - 5: Describe phylogenetic relationships and classification schemes.
SLO - 6: Identify the major phla of life with an emphasis on plants and animals, including the basis for classification, structural and physiological adaptations, evolutionary histry, and ecological significance.
- Fee for site visit
- Lab worksheet
- Schedule a visit to a local arboretum, zoo or botanical garden to collect the information for the worksheet. The fees associated with visitation will be assumed by the student
- While visitng a local arboretum, zoo or botanical garden, complete the worksheet based on the plant species available.
Listed below are some interesting places in and around Houston to study plants.
Houston Arboretum: http://houstonarboretum.org/
Armand bayou Nature center: http://www.abnc.org/
Maas Nursery Kemah: https://maasnursery.com/
Houston Zoo: http://www.houstonzoo.org/
If you are not able to visit a nature center, arboretum or nursery to photograph and look at plants, you may use the following websites as alternatives.
Choose one plant from each of the categories on the worksheet and answer the questions about that plant. The categories are the headings – moss, fern, gymnosperm, angiosperm dicot, and angiosperm monocot.
Please use a contrasting color when you type your answers on the worksheet.
- Sheena A+Easton
- Essays Guru
- Genuine Genius
- Hilary Mantel
- wizard kim
- kim woods
- Catherine Owens
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- nadia tutor
- professor mitch
- Reem Hasan
- Miss Professor
- Tiny Chris
- Homework Pro
- Dr.Sanam sheikh
- doctor alidan
- Lab 7: The Chloroplast and Photosynthesis.
- Health Service Info System - Course Project
- Busn 258 Review Questions Week #2
- ACC 290 Week 5 WileyPLUS Assignment Week Five
- payment link
- Easy Java Programing. Take about five minutes if you know what you are doing. #2
- • What would happen if a species of lizards were suddenly split into 2 groups by a hurricane, resulting in isolation of a small group of individuals on an island far from the mainland?
- all original please-Goodwriter
- Using Supply and Demand
- Need 4 pages on effects of issuing travel ban on Ebola stricken countries