Benchmark - ELA Unit Planwilliam08
Special educators must be able to effectively plan for students at all ages and abilities, using data and anecdotal information. An effective plan takes into consideration a student’s developmental level, age, strengths, needs, learning preferences, culture, and interests. Interventions that are well planned for students and are based on these factors are far more effective than interventions that narrowly focus only on the student’s academic skill deficiencies.
In this assignment, practice developing ELA instruction that is appropriate for the students described in the “Class Profile” by designing a comprehensive ELA unit plan using the “5-Day Unit Plan Template.”
Part 1: Unit Plan
Develop a 5-day unit plan that integrates vocabulary, reading, grammar, writing, listening and speaking, and technology, for the “Class Profile” students, choosing either the resource or self-contained learning environment. In a typical resource or self-contained learning environment the teacher would differentiate for every student. For this assignment, choose three students for whom you will differentiate the instruction. Align your unit to a 6-12 grade level ELA standard from the Arizona or another state academic content standards.
Design the unit plan to include:
- National/State Learning Standards: Select standards that address reading, writing, speaking, and listening integration skills.
- Multiple Means of Representation: Select strategies that allow opportunities to develop oral and written language for students with disabilities. Incorporate individual abilities, interests, learning environments, and cultural and linguistic factors in the section.
- Multiple Means of Engagement: Select strategies to enhance language development and communication skills.
- Multiple Means of Expression: Use technically sound formal and informal assessment.
- Extension Activity and/or Homework: Incorporate activities that include critical thinking and problem-solving.
- In the Differentiation rows of the unit plan template focus on the three students you selected.
Part 2: Rationale
In 250-500 words rationale at the bottom of your unit plan, explain the following:
- How literacy skills from your lesson plan will be helpful for students in other content areas.
- How communication and language arts strategies prepare students and provide them strategies to be successful academically and personally across multiple settings with a variety of collaborators (e.g., individuals, families, and teams).
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
- a year ago
- strategic plan questions
- FIN 534 Week 10 Homework Problems Chapter 17
- need to brief this case
- Accounting Due Saturday Evening
- FIN 200 Week 5 Assignment Alternative Financing Plans
- ECO 365 week 4 DQ 1
- ECO 365 week 2 Individual Assignment Supply and Demand Simulation
- ECO 205 Week 9 Assignment Final Airline Industry
- CJS 240 Week 9 capstone DQ
- Strategic Management and Organizational Change