Begin your business-style reportKing Wave
In this writing workshop, you can share your ideas about topics and receive advice about how to revise your introductory paragraph(s) and your blueprint—a list of the main parts of your report. Here's a sample with parts labeled.
This week, post only your introduction and your blueprint (list of main sections).
Please see our course calendar for due dates and our grading rubric for criteria for success. You'll see a summary of due dates at the end of these directions.
Here's a list:
- ______ – Must have standard memo heading with an informative Subject line. Clear, easy-to-read sentences averaging 17 words.
- ______ - Edit for correctness in spelling, punctuation, and mechanics, using your Grammarly.com or another free editing download.
- _______ - As needed, find a way to make the topic relevant and interesting to readers outside their field.
- _______ – Check that revealed credentials are relevant to their topic, for enhanced credibility.
- _______ – For a direct, professional tone of voice, use active voice at least 90% of the time. Use a grammar checker as a tool to help you point out specific sentences needing conversion from passive to active voice.
- ________ - Use "block" paragraphing (single spacing, no indentation of first lines, leaving a line empty between paragraphs).
- ________ - Keep paragraphs short in order to visually reveal slight shifts in content and to make the report attractive and easy-to-read to people outside your field of expertise.
- _______ - As needed, use a sentence in a separate paragraph to lead logically and gracefully into their blueprint
- end the lead-in sentence or phrase with a colon
- ________ - Create a parallel list of two to five main section headings that are of roughly the same "weight" (length or importance).
- Keep! blueprint items concise (one to six words?) so that their blueprint items will make easy-to-read main section headings in the body of the report next week.
- 2 years ago
- Competent Finance expert needed - due in 4 hours
- Spanish homework
- Write an assignment
- This moduleâs readings have dealt with the important issues of ethics, diversity, and social responsibility. Many people consider these issues...
- Discussion Question
- A user complains that her computer is responding very slowly. She also says that when booting the PC, it reports a lower value for memory than she assumed is available. You investigate and consider the idea that one of the RAM sticks in her PC may have be
- for proof Maurice only
- anthropology hw