Please review Assignment w7 attachment completely for assignment instructions. Please read other attachments as they provide support for what the assignment is about and the topic of the assignment.
Assignment: Annotated Outline for Final Paper
For this assignment, you will create an annotated outline for your final policy analysis paper. The scoring guide for this assignment includes elements that will be required in the final paper, but it is designed to provide feedback on an annotated outline, not the completed work.
An annotated outline should provide a framework for developing a final paper. Using a basic outline ensures that all important areas are addressed in the final paper. Review the instructions for the assignment in Unit 10 below before you start work on this assignment. Those instructions will provide greater insight into what the final paper should look like.
Review the attachments to see what the paper is about and the problems identified: Information from Discussions 1 and 2; Cost Benefit Analysis Assignment Paper; and Identifying the Problems Assignment. It will detail the problems and potential solutions for the Indiana Department of Child Services.
An annotated outline includes citations to credible sources for elements in the outline, helping to ensure that the final paper reflects evidence-based best practices and is tied to the literature. The purpose of the annotated outline is to provide an overview of the final paper, illustrating how it is tied to the literature. The feedback you receive on the outline will provide insights into areas of the final paper that might need to be strengthened and to ensure that all the essential elements are included. Feedback on your outline will also evaluate the number and suitability of the sources presented to support your work. To comply with APA requirements, you must provide a citation for all statements of objective fact that are not common knowledge. You are required to include a minimum of ten credible sources, but you are free to provide more than that number in the draft or the final paper if it better supports the final product. For this assignment, the ten sources must come from peer-reviewed journals, academic monographs, government reports, or reports from credible research or policy organizations.
This assignment is expected to be a work in progress. Please note that you are not submitting a draft of the final paper. You are submitting an annotated outline to be used in the development of that final paper. If you are unsure of the difference between an annotated outline and a draft paper, please review the resources in the Graduate On-line Writing Center, or contact your instructor for clarification. Resources are available in the Graduate On-line Writing Center on the development of an annotated outline.
Your outline should include a cover page and a reference list, just as any other paper. The outline must include both an introduction and a conclusion (in outline form).
In your outline, include the following topics and cite related references:
· An analysis of the problem, the potential consequences of not addressing it, and how the problem is tied to the organizational mission.
· How to analyze differing factors influencing the problem.
o Provide specific examples of how to collect perceptions from differing sectors of the community about potential alternatives for addressing the problem.
· How to evaluate differing alternatives, providing specific examples of varied perspectives on each alternative to provide a comprehensive understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
· Metrics that can be used to conduct a program evaluation pre- and post-program implementation.
· An evaluation to determine if the problem analysis has captured and integrated the views of diverse groups in the community.
· An analysis of whether the process and any proposed alternatives reflect ethical behavior on the part of the public agency.
· An evaluation of logistical needs in terms of staffing, funding, etc. that will be needed to implement each of the proposed alternatives.
· An analysis of how each identified alternative will be evaluated in the future to determine if success has been achieved, providing specific examples of the metrics to be used.
· Resources: Your annotated outline must be supported by a minimum of 10 citations to recent credible, scholarly sources that are properly cited and referenced in APA Style.
· Number of pages: Your assignment should be at least 4 pages, double-spaced, excluding the cover page, abstract (if included), and references.
· APA style and format: All materials must be submitted in APA style and format (see Faculty Expectations for further information on APA).
o Remember, adherence to APA requires that all statements of objective fact that are not considered common knowledge must be supported by a credible source (using both a citation and a reference).
· Font: Times New Roman 12-point.
· Introduction and Conclusion: Remember to include both an introductory paragraph and a paragraph of conclusions. This is a fundamental requirement of proper, standard American English.
Unit 10 Assignment: Final Policy Analysis Paper
In most instances, you will not have the final say on which policy approach will be adopted by an organization. That choice usually falls to elected officials or to department heads. In this final policy analysis paper, you assume the position of a mid-level or senior-level public administrator who is tasked with identifying a specific problem tied to an organization's mission, developing and weighing alternative approaches for addressing the problem, then providing insights into how to determine if a proposed alternative is successful at some later date.
In this course, you have examined a problem in detail, from differing perspectives, during varied discussions and assignments. In this final policy analysis paper, you are tying all those threads together into a single, cohesive paper.
In your final paper:
· Identify a specific problem that a public organization must address and analyze it, providing examples of the potential consequences to the community if the problem is left unaddressed.
· Discuss how that problem is tied to the organizational mission.
· Identify various factors that might influence the development and continuation of this problem in the community.
· Identify and evaluate at least three alternatives that might be used to eliminate or minimize this problem in this community, using a cost-benefit analysis. One of the alternatives must be the status quo.
· Evaluate the identified alternatives in terms of the potential staffing, funding, logistical support, and authority the public agency will need to implement each of the identified alternatives.
· Analyze how each of the proposed alternatives will meet the needs of the community, including diverse groups within the community.
· Analyze the importance of conducting the policy analysis in an ethical manner, ensuring that all efforts of the organization are directed at mission attainment.
· Analyze metrics that might be used to determine success for each of the alternatives if it is implemented in the future.
- PROVEN STERLING
- Grace Grades
- Teacher Trumahn
- Quality Assignments
- The QuA+lity
- Math Guruu
- Jah Provides
- Rosie September
- Essays Guru
- Paula Hog
- Brooklyn Milan
- Emily Clare
- Asad Ullah
- Catherine Owens
- RESPECT WRITER
- Dr Candice_2547
- kim woods
- Wendy Lewis
- Emily Michael
- Jenny Boom
- Stano 001
- Quickly answer
- Rey writer
- Michelle Owens
- Casey Celia
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Urgent Tutor
- Angelina May
- Sasha Spencer
- Ultimate GEEK
- prof avril
- Eva Green
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- firstclass tutor
- university work
- nee help on Old dominion trail Bike case study
- Assignment 3: Cultural Activity Report
- HRM 586 Week 4 Assignment ( Case Study 11 A Laid-Off Glass Worker, Page 422 ) <<< A Graded Tutorial >>>
- Operations and Quality MGT Case study
- for math
- Assignment Wizard
- earth science
- finance m2
- must be plagiarism free
Please see ALL attachment for assignment information and instructions.
Final Policy Analysis Paper
In most instances, you will not have the final say on which policy approach will be …
Please see attachments for assignment instructions. Please read each attachment to understand topic.
PESTLE Analysis (PowerPoint)
Public administrators are often called upon to present …
Please review attachments to see discussion instructions and information.
Discussion: Determining Success
Earlier in the course, you were asked to select a problem and determine what …