Assignment: Application of Feminist Theory to a Case Studymzgoode
This week your theoretical orientation is feminist theory. You will use the same case study that you chose in Week 2. Use the "Dissecting a Theory and Its Application to a Case Study” worksheet to help you dissect the theory. You do not need to submit this handout. It is a tool for you to use to dissect the theory and then you can employ the information in the table to complete your assignment.
To upload your media to this Assignment, use the Kaltura Media option from the mashup tool drop-down menu. Refer to the Kaltura Media Uploader area in the course navigation menu for more information about how to upload media to the course.
By Day 7
Submit a Kaltura video of yourself discussing the client from the perspective of feminist theory. Your video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Although this is a professional presentation, it is not a formal presentation as in a speech. Imagine that you are discussing your case with a group of peers in a meeting. To verbally present a case can be challenging—but it is also a skill for which practice can relieve anxiety and result in improvement. This will give you an opportunity to practice how to deliver material in a professional manner.
- You can have notes in front of you to help you remember your points.
- However, your video does need to be professional. In other words, dress professionally, maintain eye contact as if you were speaking in front of your colleagues, and finally be sure to record yourself in a room that is quiet and where no one interrupts you.
Your video presentation should include the following:
- In 1 to 2 sentences, identify and describe the problem to be worked on in your chosen case study.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, explain how feminist theory you are utilizing defines and explains the cause of the problem.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, use feminist theory to describe the role of the social worker to facilitate change in the case study.
- In the assessment phase, identify 2 assessment questions you will ask to explore what the client’s goals are and how they will get there.
- Remember, feminist theory should be driving the assessment.
- Describe two interventions to address the problem and explain how the clients will implement the interventions.
- Remember, feminist theory should be driving the interventions.
- In 2 to 3 sentences, discuss how you would evaluate if one of the interventions you identified is effective with the client.
- Explain how, specifically, you will set the tone throughout your work with the client to reduce the hierarchical relationship and make it more collaborative.
- Evaluate one strength and one limitation of feminist theory in working with the client.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Speak clearly.
- 10 days ago
- grA+de plus
- Emily Clare
- Ashliey Writer
- Dr. Michelle_KM
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- PROF. ANN
- quality work for all
- Rewrick Patand
- Miss Angelina
- Camile Faith
- Rosie September
- Amanda Smith
- Brainy Brian
- Abdullah Anwar
- Terry Roberts
- Psychology Expert
- Creative Geek
- runge-kutta acer
- professor mitch
- brilliant answers
- Colossal Genius
- Wendy Lewis
- Callie Thorne
- Catherine Owens
- Ultimate GEEK
- Stano 001
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- Jane the tutor
- RESPECT WRITER
- Casey Celia
- Prof James Kelvin
- Phd christine
- Dr shamille Clara
- kim woods
- Michelle Owens
- Academic Mentor
- Bridget Young
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Ashley Ellie
- Prof Hangoi
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- Coleen Anderson
- EVE TUTOR
- Avryle Katherine
- Rima Makenzie
- please respond to my classmate 150-200 words ( its not an essay) follow the guide in RED PLEASE
- 4 pages
- Creating a Database Design in Visio
- Matlab assignment
- Anthropology Discussion Question
- Prisons overcrowding in the U.S.
- PORTFOLIO PROJECT 3
- Free Plagiarize Analysis of Self-Image
- eco must using stata
- Mat 540
Help with assignment4 months ago
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the …2 years ago
Assignment: Application of Role Theory to a Case Study- Tiffani Bradley
This week, you will use role theory to apply to your chosen case study. In other words, your theoretical …4 months ago
socw 6301 Discussion: Qualitative Research Questions
Research questions that lend themselves to a qualitative approach often address questions about how people construct meaning. In this way, …2 years ago
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the opportunity to see how theories guide your view of a client and …2 months ago
Case Selected: Tiffany Bradley
As you have read, theory guides the conceptualization of the client’s problem and how social workers assess and intervene relative to the problem. …4 months ago
Discussion: Using Research to Select a Therapeutic Modality
Imagine that some of your colleagues mention using cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment …4 months ago
socw 6060 wk9 Final Case Assignment: Application of the Problem-Solving Model and Theoretical Orientation to a Case Study2 years ago
- NOT RATED
Need help with Case study3 months ago