Assignment 3 need done in your own word!!
Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. In this assignment, you will have the chance to analyze the form and content of your own poetry and that of a famous poet or writer.
- Cut and paste the poem that you wrote in the Unit 3 Discussion Board into the PowerPoint template provided. This poem will be the first poem in your compare/contrast presentation.
- Choose 1 poem from the list below that matches with the theme of the poem you have written:
- Read the poem several times. Consider the theme, the use of poetic devices, imagery, and meter. Be sure to take notes.
Construct 2 slides that analyze your own poem. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Paraphrase the poem for your reader. Pretend that you are explaining its meaning to someone.
- Draw a conclusion about how your poem is connected to the theme you chose.
Construct 2 slides that analyze the poem you chose. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Paraphrase the poem. Pretend that you are explaining its meaning to someone.
- Draw a conclusion about how this poem is connected to the theme.
Construct 2 slides that compare how your poem and the poem you chose engage their common theme. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Discuss the similarities and differences present between your poem and the poem you chose.
- Draw a conclusion about what is unique or worthwhile about expression through poetry and why modern readers should continue to read it.
The following grading criteria will be used to assess your Unit 3 Individual Project.
Review your submission so you are sure you have included the following:
Unit 3 Individual Project Grading Criteria
Submits a Power Point presentation that contains the required components (analysis of student poem, analysis of chosen poem, comparison)
Provides an adequate overview of each poem
Develops insight conclusions about relationship of each poem to the common theme
Discusses the similarities between the two poems
Discusses the differences between the two poems
Draws meaningful conclusions about the overall value of poetic expression
Writes in a clear and organized manner using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
All Poetry. (n.d.). I slept, and dreamed that life was beauty. Retrieved from https://allpoetry.com/I-Slept,-And-Dreamed-That-Life-Was-Beauty
All Poetry. (n.d.). If… Retrieved from https://allpoetry.com/If....
All Poetry. (n.d.). Stopping by woods on a snowy evening. Retrieved from https://allpoetry.com/Stopping-By-Woods-On-A-Snowy-Evening
All Poetry. (n.d.). To America. Retrieved from https://allpoetry.com/To-America
All Poetry. (n.d.). Your mission. Retrieved from https://allpoetry.com/Your-Mission
American Literature. (n.d.). Patience taught by nature by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Retrieved from https://americanliterature.com/author/elizabeth-barrett-browning/poem/patience-taught-by-nature
Bartleby.com. (2015). 59. The village blacksmith. Retrieved from http://www.bartleby.com/102/59.html
Bartleby.com. (2015). 366. From “The song of myself” by Walt Whitman. Retrieved from http://www.bartleby.com/248/366.html
Bartleby.com. (2015). 635. When I have fears that I may cease to be. Retrieved from http://www.bartleby.com/101/635.html
Bartleby.com. (2015). My playmate by John Greenleaf Whittier (1807–1892). Retrieved by http://www.bartleby.com/371/153.html
Bartleby.com. (2015). Part one: Life. Retrieved from http://www.bartleby.com/113/1006.html
Bartleby.com. (2015). Time to die, Ray G. Dandridge. Retrieved from http://www.bartleby.com/269/56.html
- PHI 103 Discussion 1 and 2
- chemistry lab reports who can do that in a few hours if you ask for so much money save your time and dont...
- 1. When evaluating a chest x-ray (CXR) what are some important differences in the indications and technique of posterior-anterior (P-A),...
- Dr. Mitch
- Individual database selection paper
- week 2 assignments
- Unit 6 Assignment 1
- Writing assingment ( Writing a memo) due to day at 23:15