As a psychiatric nurse practitioner, it is essential for you to have a strong background in foundational neuroscience. In order to diagnose and treat patients, you must not only understand the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders but also how medications for these disorders impact the central nervous system. These concepts of foundational neuroscience can be challenging to understand. Therefore, this Discussion is designed to encourage you to think through these concepts, develop a rationale for your thinking, and deepen your understanding by interacting with your colleagues.
For this Discussion, review the Learning Resources and reflect on the concepts of foundational neuroscience as they might apply to your role as the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in prescribing medications for patients
Post a response to each of the following:
- Explain the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents, including how partial and inverse agonist functionality may impact the efficacy of psychopharmacologic treatments.
- Compare and contrast the actions of g couple proteins and ion gated channels.
- Explain how the role of epigenetics may contribute to pharmacologic action.
- Explain how this information may impact the way you prescribe medications to patients. Include a specific example of a situation or case with a patient in which the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner must be aware of the medication’s action
- 2 months ago
- Unit 1-3 Organizational
- Risks and Nature of Apple Inc.
- A manufacturing company produces products. The following product information is stored: product name, product ID and quantity on hand. These products are made up of many components. Each component can be supplied by one or more suppliers. The following co
- 226 Case Work
- it homework
- colon cancer
- Accounting questions
- Term Paper: Website Migration Project TT
Discussion Foundational Neuroscience5 months ago
only 2 pages
scholarly resources only2 months ago
- NOT RATED
APA FORMAT ONLY SHOULD BE USED
NO PLAGIARISM ALLOWED
NO INTERNET SOURCE
ONLY SCHOLARLY SOURCES SHOULD BE USED
THANKS...2 months ago
- NOT RATED
Answer all question
academic sources only2 months ago
- NOT RATED
and pls answer all the questions correctly2 months ago