Assignment 2 Voices of ChangeJoesph_sam101
In Assignment 2, we ask you to consider the actual words or works of an important spokesperson for their times. After reading that speaker’s words, you will use the provided template to write a two-page response that shares your thoughts about the work in question, the historical events happening during the time the work was produced, and the relevance of the work in the present day. Completing this assignment will give you a real insight into the thoughts and feelings of an actual participant in historical events. You will also begin to see how learning from past perspectives helps us better understand the issues we face in our own time period.
To complete this assignment, follow these steps:
- Pick one of the three topic choices below.
- Access the Assignment 2 Project Paper Template [DOCX].
- Download the template.
- Save the template to the desktop folder on your computer (or another location of your choice) with the following filename: Your First Name_Your Last Name_HUM 112_Assignment 2_Summer 2019. Here is an example: Philip_HUM112_Assignment 2_Summer 2019.
- Complete the template that you downloaded. Follow the instructions provided in the template to make sure you add all the required content.
- Edit your work, making sure you have discussed each bullet point in the template and checking your work for grammatical errors and proper SWS style.
- Submit your complete response to Blackboard.
Topic Choice 1: Frederick Douglass’s speech What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?
Topic Choice 2: Charles Dickens’s Economic Change and Consequences.
Select one of the following works to focus on for your assignment. You can find all four options in Chapter 28 of your textbook. Page numbers are indicated in the bullet points below.
- Old Curisosity Shop (textbook page 944).
- Sketches by Boz (textbook page 947).
- Dombey and Son (textbook page 951).
- Hard Times (textbook page 952).
Topic Choice 3: Women Challenge Their Audience.
Select one of the following authors to focus on for your assignment:
- Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1938.
- Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech Ain't I a Woman?
- Read the speech and background.
- See Chapter 29 of your textbook for additional background information.
The specific course outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize thoughts about an author's work, including the historical events happening at the time it was produced and the relevance of the work in the present day.
- Review the rubric in the Course Guide to see how your assignment will be graded on answer quality, logic and organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
- a year ago
- For account tutor only
- 100%Perfect work A++++ Tutorial
- Movement of Air Pollution
- REL 133 Hinduism
- An Alumnus of West Virginia University
- PSY 320 Motivational Strategies Affecting Productivity
- In the online forum, discuss: 1. What role did the late Steve Jobs play in leading and managing innovation at Apple? 2....
- ACC 202 Week 5 Assignment Week Five Problems
- Discussion 2
- BIS 155 Advanced PC Applications Entire Class
Voices of Change
In Assignment 2, we ask you to consider the actual words or works of an important spokesperson for their times. After reading that …a year ago
- NOT RATED
In Assignment 2, we ask you to consider the actual words or works of an important spokesperson for their times. After reading that speaker’s words, you will use the provided template to …9 months ago