Assignment 2 - Threats to the Global Environment PowerPoint Deck and Their Counterarguments
The United Nations has continued to retain you as a consultant for a two-part project. Many member states are dissatisfied with the progress of the eight Millennium Development Goals for international development that were established by that body in 2000. They see a substantial disconnect between what issues developed and developing countries believe are priorities. For example, Burundi wants one of the goals to focus on food security, while Austria is adamant that a major global issue should be the negotiation of ceasefires in countries in the midst of civil wars.
PART I - Initial Argument
You have been asked to identify issues you feel most impact the global environment unfavorably, so of the eight major threats listed below, choose the four that you consider the most critical.
Poor health of entire populations
Lack of educational opportunities
Inappropriate uses of technology
Your UN contract calls for you to:
- Develop a minimum of four slides per issue, for a minimum total of 16 slides.
- Provide at least a paragraph on each slide in the notes section (see the example at the right) that includes a history of each issue and what type of economic, political, social or environmental threat the problem poses to populations in the developing world. To review how to configure your PowerPoint slides, please refer to your com account or reach out to your instructor ahead of time.
- For each issue, use one of your four slides to create a graph or chart that analyzes the data you have collected.
PART II - Counterargument
Some member states are challenging your four recommendations from above and questioning why you did not include other issues they believe should be priorities. As such, there are four remaining threats in the list of major global issues that you did not include in your PowerPoint deck.
1. Choose two of these four major threats and write one solid paragraph on each one (each being at least three-quarters of a page long) explaining why they are less of a priority to the global environment than the four you selected in the first part of the assignment.
2. Each counterargument must include:
- an opening statement describing why the issue might be perceived by some as a threat;
- three reasons arguing why you did not identify each of the two issues as a threat; and
- a conclusion
3. For the entire two-part assignment, cite at least ten (10) credible sources excluding Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedias. These must be full citations using the Strayer Writing Standards (see below).
Do not list sources by their URLs (i.e., www.______.com).
4. For a brief list of resources for this assignment, please see the end of the course guide.
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) for the citation of your sources (you may no longer use APA), so please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- to determine how environmental pollution is depleting the Earth of its natural resources and the proposals to mitigate pollutionâ€™s most damaging consequences; and
- to identify the major threats that are most critical to the health and welfare of global communities.
Note: Grading for this assignment will be based on the quality of your answers, the logic and organization of the paper, your use of language and your writing skills.
- Michelle Malk
- ANN HARRIS
- Reem Hasan
- quality work for all
- Terry Roberts
- Dr Candice_2547
- Wendy Lewis
- Malik Tutor
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Zeek the Geek
- ENS. writer
- wizard kim
- brilliant answers
- Jessica Luis
- RESPECT WRITER
- Asad Ullah
- Jenny Boom
- Emily Blunt
- Tiny Chris
- Rey writer
- university work
- kim woods
- Potty Pavarotti
- work solutions
- phyllis young
- nadia tutor
- Dr shamille Clara
- Sara Waynes
- Miss Professor
- Prof Fontinanto
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- prof avril
- Quickly answer
- Eva Green
- Harris Khan
- Dr. Elahi
- Emily Michael
- Dr. Dorishme
- asap due within 4 hours need it complete soon real soon
- NEED IN 5 HOURS
- Write about a milestone
- DNP-805 Topic 1 DQ 1
- HLT-555 Module 3 DQ 2
- Any Takers
- 5 pages essay to do please
- Finance M2 Case for Paula Hog PART 2 only
- need help with nursing assignment critique paper assignment multiple choice questions
Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, history, or literature, with important examples and themes that …
First, choose one of the issues on the https://www.procon.org website and state your position on the issue.
- Describe the reasons why this issue is relevant to you.
- Refer …
Choose one of the professional scenarios provided in Blackboard under the Student Center tab.
4. Paul works for the website division of SuperMega retail company. He …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe the characteristics of the perfect manager to see a company through all stages of organizational growth.
The format of the paper is …
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which the following are addressed:
- Explain the interrelationship between innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Compare the risks and benefits of a …
You are to write a three to four (3–4) page paper that answers the following:
- Once an organization has identified its business foundation, it begins the process of developing tasks that are …
Find a specific job opening posted online within the last 9 months. You will develop a Job Application Cover Letter (as though you were applying to that position) that highlights and …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you discuss which of the first four (4) stages of organizational growth presents the greatest single challenge and why.
The format of the paper is …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe a potential best practice for a company in Stage I, II, or III that is not discussed in the text. Please be as creative as you like.