Assignment 2: My Work – My Vision
Create a dialogue between two artists discussing their work(s) with an interviewer asking questions in front of an audience at an art gallery (much like a panel discussion format). Have Gris or Picasso dialogue with Matisse, Cezanne Gauguin, or van Gogh, Each one should explain his work(s), influences, philosophy, style, themes, and meaning, highlighting the reason for the work(s)’ importance to and impact on the world of art.
Use the style of dialogue used in a play. For example:
Interviewer: Senor Picasso and Monsieur Matisse, which work do you consider your most significant accomplishment and why do you think so?
Picasso: (Confidently) I have so many that are significant, but one that I think is truly a work of genius and innovation is [insert the Title of the Artwork]. This work shows the innovation the art world refers to as Cubism. I was the founder of that movement and perfected the style. No other artist has had that type of influence in the world of art.
Matisse: (Somewhat insulted). If I may be so bold, Senor Picasso, but I think my work has had a greater influence. My [insert the Title of the Artwork] has had a lasting impression, if you excuse the term, on thousands of artists. For example, …
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Create dialogue for selected artist #1 that reflects his influences, philosophy, style, themes, and meaning of his work(s).
- Create dialogue for selected artist #2 that reflected his influences, philosophy, style, themes, and meaning of his work(s).
- Create dialogue for selected artist #1 that highlights the reason for work(s)’s importance and impact on the world of art.
- Create dialogue for selected artist #2 that highlights the reason for work(s)’s importance and impact on the world of art.
- Create appropriate interview questions that facilitate the dialogue and highlighted the comparison between the two (2) artists.
- Include three (3) references that help support the artists’ comments. (The text may be used as one (1) reference.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the value of visual art for an individual and society.
- Analyze the essential relationship between any work of art and the various kinds of influences on the artist and audience that shape the interpretation of the art.
- Explain the formal elements of various styles of modern art both in general and in specific works.
- Describe the relationship between individual artistic expression and the cultural, social, political, and historical forces which give rise to these expressions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in modern art.
- Write clearly and concisely about modern art using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
- Miss Deanna
- Quality Assignments
- The grAde
- Hilary Mantel
- PHD doctorate
- Ranju Lewis
- Amanda Smith
- Essays Guru
- Phd christine
- Terry Roberts
- Colossal Genius
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Quickly answer
- Jessica Luis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Catherine Owens
- Angelina May
- Urgent Tutor
- Emily Michael
- ANN HARRIS
- Jenny Boom
- work solutions
- Ultimate GEEK
- RESPECT WRITER
- UNDISPUTED GEEK
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- Miss Professor
- university work
- phyllis young
- Wendy Lewis
- Bridget Young
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr.Sanam sheikh
- Academic Mentor
- Saad Fahim
- Globalization in the Age of Trump (by Pankaj Ghemawat) This article that just appeared in Harvard Business Review provides advice on globalization business decision makers. "Business leaders are scrambling...
- The concepts of deductive and inductive reasoning
- EDU 100: Issues in Education Week 4 DQ 2
- I NEED THIS THURSDAY PLEASE
- criminal mind wk 5 Michael Smith
- it Homework
- Assignment: Capstone Paper Section 4: Contributions to Positive Social Change How will you use your education to contribute to social change and the greater global good? How might you, even in some small way, change the world? For this week’s Assignment,
- assignment 1& 2 information system
- Processing Skills Development
- Someone who burns his countryâs flag just because constitutional law says he can is reasoning at the _____ stage of...
Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, history, or literature, with important examples and themes that …
First, choose one of the issues on the https://www.procon.org website and state your position on the issue.
- Describe the reasons why this issue is relevant to you.
- Refer …
Choose one of the professional scenarios provided in Blackboard under the Student Center tab.
4. Paul works for the website division of SuperMega retail company. He …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe the characteristics of the perfect manager to see a company through all stages of organizational growth.
The format of the paper is …
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which the following are addressed:
- Explain the interrelationship between innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Compare the risks and benefits of a …
Imagine you are trying to sell a work of art to a wealthy art collector. Describe a painting or watercolor that you have created or discovered from the 20th or 21st Century that has special meaning …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you discuss which of the first four (4) stages of organizational growth presents the greatest single challenge and why.
The format of the paper is …
Imagine you are an art critic who has just seen a specific artwork for the first time at an art gallery opening. Select a specific piece of art from Chapters 1-4,
( I choose (Night) by Ferdinand …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe a potential best practice for a company in Stage I, II, or III that is not discussed in the text. Please be as creative as you like.