ETCS 680 NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY FOR INDUSTRY ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT 3
1. List five common applications of the Internet.
2. In the Internet address www.qxrj.net, what is the type of domain and what is the host?
3. What symbol or character designates an e-mail address?
4. Name the three most common ways that a person accesses the Internet from home.
5. What do you call the company that provides an Internet connection to subscribers?
6. What piece of software is needed to access the World Wide Web?
7. What networking technology is gradually replacing ATM and SONET in the backbone?
8. What is the size of the packet used in ATM systems?
9. What piece of equipment is used in the transmission of ATM packets?
10. What are the main advantages of OTN over SONET?
11. What network topologies are common with SONET?
12. What are the designation and speed of the fastest SONET connection?
13. Name the equipment used to get data into and out of a SONET system.
14. What is the total number of bytes or octets in a SONET frame?
15. True or false? SONET can be used to carry packetized data.
16. What is the fastest current OTN data rate?
17. What is the maximum payload of an OTN frame?
18. What FEC is used in OTN?
19. What specifically does a router look for during packet transmission?
20. How does a router know where to send a packet?
21. What is the name of the basic input/output interfaces used in routers?
22. What is the name of the circuit that lets any input be connected to any output in a router?
23. Why is the line rate of an OTN packet higher than the actual data rate?
24. What is the name of the circuit used for serial-to-parallel conversion?
25. What is the name given to the fiber-optic network making up the Internet?
26. What WAN transmission media and protocols are used in the Internet?
27. Explain the process of packet switching.
28. What is the name of the equipment used to inspect every packet transmitted over the Internet?
29. What software protocol prepares packets for transmission over the Internet?
30. What software protocol actually transmits the packets?
31. What software makes sure that any packets transmitted out of sequence get reassembled correctly?
32. Is TCP actually called into play during a packet’s transmission from source to destination? Explain.
33. Name the two basic speeds of the Internet backbone.
34. What name is given to the format of an IP address?
35. How many different classes of IP addresses are there?
36. What devices are identified by IP addresses in classes A, B, and C?
37. In the IP address 22.214.171.124, identify the class, network ID, and host ID.
38. What is a mask?
39. What logical process is used with the mask and the IP address?
40. What is a subnet?
41. What are the two names given to clusters of disk drives used for massive storage?
42. What is the name given to external disk drives connected to a PC or server via the SCSI?
43. What is SCSI? What is its nickname?
44. Name the two kinds of large-scale storage system networked to PCs. What is the main difference between them?
45. In a SAN, what is the name of the interface and protocol used in connecting the disk drive systems to the servers?
46. What is the physical medium used in an FC system?
47. What are the speeds of transmission of an FC system?
48. Name the interface used to attach a server or disk system to the SAN.
49. How are servers and disk systems connected to one another in a SAN?
50. What is the name of the SAN interface used in place of FC?
1. What is the shortest time for transmitting 50 ATM packets at 2.5 Gbps?
2. How many bits does it take to represent an IPv4 address of 126.96.36.199?
3. Convert the IPv4 address 188.8.131.52 to binary and hexadecimal.
4. Logically AND the number 125 with 128, 0, 15, and 240. Express the result in decimal.
5. How many bits and octets are there in the IPv6 address of: 0123:2456:789A:BCDE:F987:6543:210A:EF75?
- a year ago
- Ranju Lewis
- Quickly answer
- brilliant answers
- PROF. ANN
- Jessica Luis
- Emily Clare
- Dr. Elahi
- quality work for all
- Jamie Acker
- Paula Hog
- Urgent Tutor
- Atta ur Rehman
- Dr. Amanda_KM
- Michelle Owens
- Brainy Brian
- prof avril
- Jenny Boom
- Dr shamille Clara
- Sasha Spencer
- Agher Editor
- Emily Michael
- Tiny Chris
- Karim Asad
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Academic Mentor
- Dr Candice_2547
- Taylor Rodman
- Proff work phd
- wizard kim
- Casey Celia
- Angelina May
- Brilliant Geek
- Rey writer
- Eva Green
- Catherine Owens
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- Adrian Monroe
- Sophia Miles
- kim woods
- Saad Fahim
- Wendy Lewis
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- Jen Tech1
- A-Grade Writer
- Abdullah Anwar
- Cotton Candy
- Harris Khan
- Asad Ullah
- work solutions
- Terry Roberts