Instructions: Florida Power and Light (FPL) are seeking to add two more nuclear power plants on the current Homestead location where two nuclear power plants already exist.
- FPL seeks two more South Florida nuclear reactors article
Based on what you have learned so far from this class, discuss the following:
- What problems might these new power plants encounter if they were built in South Florida with a lifespan of 40 years?
- What advantages are there in giving FPL the licenses for these new plants?
- What disadvantages are there in giving FPL the licenses for these new plants?
- What are some other alternatives to the nuclear power plants?
- What precautions would you demand if these power plants were built?
- Given what you know, if you were in a position to approve or disapprove the licenses, what would you vote, and why?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
Purchase the answer to view it