Assignment 1: Coral Reefs
Due Week 4 and worth 180 points
Coral reefs are among the most biologically diverse ecosystems on Earth. They are also among the most threatened ecosystems on Earth. For this assignment, you will discuss the importance of, threats to, and protection of coral reefs.
Write a 3–5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe three reasons coral reefs are important to ocean life; then, determine two potential benefits coral reefs provide to both humans and the overall environment. Next, propose three economic or aesthetic benefits of coral reefs, and then explain which benefit you believe is most significant. Justify your response.
- Discuss three threats that coral reefs are currently facing. Then, for each of your chosen threats, suggest two reasons why these threats are occurring.
- Propose two strategies to protect coral reef systems from the threats you mentioned in Section 2, with special consideration to the costs and benefits of each of the protection methods.
- Discuss whether or not you believe that the two protection strategies you described in Section 3 should be implemented. Next, take a stance on whether you believe these actions should be strictly voluntary or mandated by local, federal, or international law. Predict two kinds of enforcement methods you believe would be most effective in ensuring their success.
- Use at least three quality resources/references in this assignment, in addition to the course text. Note: Wikipedia and personal blogs do not qualify as quality resources. A good place to start your research is the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Analyze the negative and positive impacts of human interaction with a specified ecosystem.
- Determine the fundamental principles of ecosystems and ecology.
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of environmental conservation methods and policy.
- Discount Assign
- ANN HARRIS
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Amanda Smith
- Michel Owenns"
- Angelina May
- brilliant answers
- work solutions
- Asad Ullah
- ENS. writer
- Jessica Luis
- Rey writer
- Catherine Owens
- Tiny Chris
- kim woods
- Ultimate GEEK
- Nancy Drew
- Terry Roberts
- phyllis young
- Jenny Boom
- Miss Professor
- Wendy Lewis
- university work
- prof avril
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- nadia tutor
- Emily Clare
- Emily Michael
- I need help with Control system design
- for larry
- Discussion Question
- Section 1: BUSINESS PLAN SUMMARY 1) Describe your products and services. 2) Describe the legal structure of your business ownership - sole...
- Assignment 1.1: Industrialization After the Civil War Thesis and Outline
- Looking for someone who grew up in a military family. That can write an essay on the effects of it.
- When you carefully measured how far something travelled what type of graph do you use
Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, history, or literature, with important examples and themes that …
My organization: American Airlines
Area of Interest: Procurement and supply management (position: Managing Expediter)
Expediter: one employed to ensure the steady progress to completion of a …
First, choose one of the issues on the https://www.procon.org website and state your position on the issue.
- Describe the reasons why this issue is relevant to you.
- Refer …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe the characteristics of the perfect manager to see a company through all stages of organizational growth.
The format of the paper is …
You are to write a three to four (3–4) page paper that answers the following:
- Discuss the keys to effectively managing leadership development at each of the following levels: a first-line …
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which the following are addressed:
- Explain the interrelationship between innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Compare the risks and benefits of a …
Find a specific job opening posted online within the last 9 months. You will develop a Job Application Cover Letter (as though you were applying to that position) that highlights and …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you discuss which of the first four (4) stages of organizational growth presents the greatest single challenge and why.
The format of the paper is …
Write a one to two (1–2) page paper in which you describe a potential best practice for a company in Stage I, II, or III that is not discussed in the text. Please be as creative as you like.