Assessments are an integral part of the planned change process. During this part of the process you will accumulate, organize, and review the information you will need to begin the planning and intervention phases of treatment. Content and information are obtained from multiple sources (the child, family members, school personnel, etc.) and in various forms (interviews, records, and observation). It is essential to collect data in a comprehensive manner—understanding the presenting problem from an ecological model that seeks to gain insight into the concern on a micro, mezzo, and macro level. Focusing on a multilevel approach to a client’s concern and taking into account the environmental factors that contribute to the presenting problem distinguishes social work from other disciplines.
Post a description of the importance of using multiple evidence-based tools (including quantitative, open ended, and ecologically focused) to assess children. Explain how each complements the other in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of the young client’s concerns and situation. Then, describe the use of an eco-map in assessment and explain the different systems you will account for in your assessment of a child.
Woolley, M. E. (2013). Assessment of children. In M. J. Holosko, C. N. Dulmus, & K. M. Sowers (Eds.), Social work practice with individuals and families: Evidence-informed assessments and interventions (pp. 1–39). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
McCormick, K. M., Stricklin, S., Nowak, T. M., & Rous, B. (2008). Using eco-mapping to understand family strengths and resources. Young Exceptional Children, 11(2), 17–28.
- 2 years ago
- Strategic planning ( A few paragraphs) simple assignment
- Respond to students post 250 words each
- HLT-362V Week 2 Topic 2 DQ 2..5 Topic: Population and Sampling Distributions Explain each sampling technique discussed in the Visual Learner: Statistics in your own words, and give examples of when each technique would be appropriate.
- CH. 14 QUESTIONS ASSIGNMENT
- The Five Forces of Competition Model: Please respond to the following.
- MGT/521**MGT 521**-Management- Week 1-excellent solution 2017*UOP
- Application 3 – Final Paper
- CIS 319 Week 1 SDLC
As with all areas of the social work process, cultural competence is essential when engaging and assessing a child’s concerns. Being culturally competent includes understanding the unique …2 years ago