Assessment 1 - Evaluating Scientific Meritcasey7677
Due in 24 hours.
This week, you were introduced to literature mapping as part of the preparation for a literature review. As you collect articles, the Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) Tool [PDF] can be used to evaluate their scientific merit.
This assignment consists of a research matrix. This matrix includes research concepts that can be found and connected to preselected published scholarly research. Five research articles related to the topic of first-generation college students and resilience at a four-year university have been chosen for you. Some of the content areas have been filled in; you will need to complete the rest.
Fill out this provided Research Matrix [DOCX] with research concepts that can be found and connected to these five articles related to the topic of first-generation college students and resilience at a four-year university. The first article has been completed for you as an example.
- Garriott, P. O., Hudyma, A., Keene, C., & Santiago, D. (2015). Social cognitive predictors of first and non-first-generation college students’ academic and life satisfaction. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62(2), 253–263.
- Johnson, S. R., & Stage, F. K. (2018). Academic engagement and student success: Do high-impact practices mean higher graduation rates? Journal of Higher Education, 89(5), 753-781.
- Olive, T. (2014). Desire for higher education in first-generation Hispanic college students enrolled in a graduate counseling program. Journal of Phenomenological Psychology, 45(1), 72–91.
- Schelbe, L., Swanbrow Becker, M., Spinelli, C., & McCray, D. (2019). First generation college students perceptions of an academic retention program. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 19(5), 61–76.
- Smith, K. J., Emerson, D. J., Haight, T. D., Mauldin, S., & Wood, B. G. (2019). An examination of the psychometric properties of the Connor-Davidson resilience scale - 10 (CD-RISC10) among accounting and business students. Journal of Accounting Education, 47, 48–62.
Refer to the assignment scoring guide to make sure you meet the requirements of this assessment.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the methodology used in scientific research.
- Identify the study sample in the chosen research.
- Identify the methodology used in the chosen research.
- Competency 2: Evaluate the characteristics, purposes, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses of research methods.
- Identify the main themes in the chosen research.
- Identify the research question or questions in the chosen research.
- Describe the theoretical framework of the chosen research study.
- Describe the findings in the chosen research.
- Competency 3: Evaluate ethical issues in research studies.
- Describe the ethical considerations in the chosen research.ï»¿
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of an identified field of study, using APA style and formatting.
- 9 days ago
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- Emily Michael
- Amanda Smith
- Brainy Brian
- Accurate Master
- Ultimate GEEK
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- Prof. Kim
- Prof. Eliud Peterson
- MathStat Genius
- Michelle Owens
- Erick Tyler
- Stano 001
- Paula Hog
- PROF. ANN
- PROF washington watson
- Jessica Luis
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- Proff work phd
- Urgent Tutor
- Catherine Owens
- Agher Editor
- Terry Roberts
- Rey writer
- Wendy Lewis
- kim woods
- Prof. Massarra
- Angelina May
- Dr Candice_2547
- Miss Professor
- Phd isaac newton
- firstclass tutor
- Prof. Bierce
- RESPECT WRITER
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Bright Grades
- Jen Tech1
- phyllis young
- Phd christine
- Senior Advanced Writer
- Creative Geek
- Colossal Genius
- Amelia Iris
- Audrey Niles Phd
- Nancy Kelly
- Find all 1-parameter groups of linear diffeomorphisms of R
- Reading hw
- What were the primary principles of the American Founding? How have those principles impacted the growth of this nation? Is the current regime of the United States consistent or inconsistent with the principles of the American Founding. How? Use current e
- Chicano 1
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Application Assignment
- Simple Biology Homework
- Assignment Electronic Medical Record Speech
- EZ Curb Company completed the following transactions during 2010. The annual accounting period ends December 31, 2010.