Application of Attachment Theory to a Case Study of Tifanni Bradleytolulopeyusufode
As you have read, theory guides the conceptualization of the client’s problem and how social workers assess and intervene relative to the problem. However, theory can also shape the self-reflective questions social workers ask themselves. Clients often come to social workers under stress or distress. This then affects how the social worker responds and thus the client-social worker relationship. As a result, Foley, Nash, and Munford (2009) employed attachment theory as a “lens in which to view the reflective process itself and to gain greater understanding and empathy for what each social worker within each unique social work-client relationship can access of that relationship for reflection” (pp. 44).
This week, you will apply attachment theory to the case study of Tifanni Bradley. In other words, your theoretical orientation—or lens—is attachment theory as you analyze the case study.
- Use the “Dissecting a Theory and Its Application to a Case Study” worksheet to help you dissect the theory. You do not need to submit this handout. It is a tool for you to use to dissect the theory, and then you can employ the information in the table to complete your assignment.
- Review attachment theory and the following article listed in the Learning Resources: Foley, M., Nash, M., & Munford, R. (2009). Bringing practice into theory: Reflective practice and attachment theory. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work Review, 21(1/2), p39–47. Retrieved http://dx.doi.org/10.11157/anzswj-vol21iss1-2id318
Submit a 3 -page case write-up that addresses the following:
- Summarize the assumptions of attachment theory in 2 to 3 sentences.
- Identify the problem in your chosen case study to be worked on from an attachment theory perspective.
- Explain how attachment theory defines and explains the cause of the problem in one to two sentences.
- Develop two assessment questions that are guided by attachment theory that you would ask the client to understand how the stress or distress is affecting the client.
- Discuss two interventions to address the problem. Remember, the theory should be driving the interventions. In other words, you would not identify systematic desensitization since this is not an intervention guided by attachment theory.
- Formulate one self-reflective question that is influenced by attachment theory that you can ask yourself to gain greater empathy for what the client is experiencing.
- Explain which outcomes you could measure to evaluate client progress based theory.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Remember to double-space your paper.
- 7 months ago
- solve assignment
- Kelly Pitney began her consulting business, Kelly Consulting, on April 1, 2016. The accounting cycle for Kelly Consulting for April,...
- 3.In the southwestern part of the map, along the Shenandoah River, the sediments are only Quaternary in age, yet they are surrounded by much older Cambrian sediments. How do you explain this?
- Week 1 Discussion
- Finance Paper
- As 1
- c++ hw ,, class and member function
- PSYC 3004, 2 to 3pages, References needed
- Calculus Homework Graph and Table $10 need in 6-8 hours.
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the …3 years ago
socw 6301 Discussion: Qualitative Research Questions
Research questions that lend themselves to a qualitative approach often address questions about how people construct meaning. In this way, …3 years ago
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the opportunity to see how theories guide your view of a client and …a year ago
socw 6060 wk9 Final Case Assignment: Application of the Problem-Solving Model and Theoretical Orientation to a Case Study3 years ago
Case Selected: Tiffany Bradley
As you have read, theory guides the conceptualization of the client’s problem and how social workers assess and intervene relative to the problem. …a year ago
Submit a 1- to 2-page case write-up that addresses the following:
4 months ago
- Map the client’s crisis using the five stages of the crisis.
- Describe the client’s assets and resources (in order to …
In this course, you will be asked to select one case study and to use it throughout the entire course. By doing this, you will have the opportunity to see how theories guide your view of a …2 months ago
Assignment: Application of Role Theory to a Case Study- Tiffani Bradley
This week, you will use role theory to apply to your chosen case study. In other words, your theoretical …a year ago
Different theories can be used to take a systems approach. For example, Bertalanffy’s General Systems Theory considers how a system is made of smaller subsystems that influence each other and …a month ago
This week your theoretical orientation is feminist theory. You will use the same case study that you chose in Week 2. Use the "Dissecting a Theory and Its Application to a Case Study” worksheet to …16 days ago