Answers should be at least 100-175 words and reflect critical thought. Whenever possible, please try to relate the course content to real-world applications from your work experience. Be sure to cite all sources as well.
1. Dena you're on the right path. Rapport is one the most important components to therapy. Having rapport with a client can dictate the course of the therapeutic relationship. However, with a resistant client building rapport can be problematic. Resistant clients often don't speak much and respond to open ended questions with a question rather than an answer. For the therapist/counselor it's imperative that when this behavior is noticed the client is confronted about the behavior. A simple way to confront a client about their behavior in therapy is to simply ask "how do you think therapy is going?" You could even identify some of the behaviors they have been displaying in session. What do you think is the hardest part about confronting a client?
2. Sonya you introduced an excellent point! The portrayal of therapy on television and on the internet can provide a sometimes jaded view of what therapy actually is. I've seen several shows where the therapist is in the room and behaves in a manner that makes me question "would I do that?" However, I have to consider that because cameras are rolling there will be some sort of a performance taking place. Unfortunately for our clients they can't always differentiate. It's important that as counselors/therapists differentiate between reality and fiction. How can a counselor/therapist confront a client that is being unrealistic in therapy?
3. Misty, when I think about dreams I consider them to be our unconscious thoughts. However, I also believe in Freudian slips. I believe that our conscious and unconscious are always battling. I also believe that you can see the battles sometimes in when people argue and they say things they don't mean. Sometimes in the heat of the moment an unconscious thought comes to the conscious and then it can cause more problems. I have also found that sometimes my clients would share with me dreams they had about particular situations and those dreams came true. In any case as a therapist I process the dreams and conscious and unconscious thoughts with my clients. What are your thoughts on Freudian slips?
4. According to the text, a Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory , or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconsciousness subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis. Classical examples involve slips of the tongue, but psychoanalytic theory also embraces misreadings, mishearings, temporary forgettings, and the mislaying and losing of objects. In reference to my thoughts on Freudian slips, I believe they are normal in behavior of human being . I think that they can add more significant foundations to the analysis to dream interpretation. And may be most effective in child molestation investigations for younger children? Class, what are your thoughts of client's whom sleep walk while committing crime? Are they entitled to defense? Why or why not?
5. According to Bird (2005) Electronic reading, he relates current Adlerian therapy practice on dreams to its theoretical basis. Work on dreams is cooperative, enabling dreamers to understand their lives and the choices open to them. Dream work does not have to be exhaustive to be effective. Some observations from practice are included. The importance of gauging the mood created by the dreamer is emphasized. Work on dreams usually takes place on a one-to-one basis, but it can be carried out in a group setting. Can you give me an example of a client and their situation whereas this may be beneficial? What type of questions would be addressed in this method?
- 3 years ago
- Article Review (g,P)
- Ashford LIB 323 Entire Class Week 1-5- A+ Graded (Latest Version)
- Hotel Industry SUSTAINABILITY
- Assume that you have been tasked with preparing a cultural brief for an upcoming trip that will put
- The Big Bang Novelty Company
- Macro economics Unit IV Essay
- Final Paper Outline
- International 2
- Can you do this?
- No work