answer a questions
Pina Bausch (New York Times): http://nyti.ms/1Uwjta9
Crystal Pite (The New Yorker): http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/a-rippling-tempest-of-dance
And Chapter 7 in your Text: Improvisation
Modern Cont. Concert Dance Today and Improv
Please view the following clips!
Improv- one way of approaching choreography: we will look at Contact Improv, Improv with Forsythe, and Naharin’s Gaga technique this week.
Improv with William Forsythe:
History of Contact Improv:
Contact Improv: 1972
Dance Theatre- Pina Bausch- her work is hugely theatrical. Notice the way in which she expresses ideas through movement. Dance Theatre.
*Please read this brief dance review of Café Muller as it is challenging to view out of context (there is an additional review here of Rite of Spring by Bausch, which are not responsible for)
Café Muller in its entirety:
Café Muller excerpt- Pina Bausch:
Kontakthoff- Pina Bausch (this clip includes commentary in German for which you are obviously not responsible for, just watch the dance to give you an idea of Bausch's work)
Traditional Ballet infused with Contemporary Modern Dance
In the Middle Somewhat Elevated
The Second Detail: Forsythe
The Magic of Gaga and Ohad Naharin: see the way in which Naharin uses his Gaga technique to develop choreography, another way of using a form of improv.
Side Note: Batsheva Dance Company is my personal favorite dance company in the world. Based in Israel, this group of dancers led by the masterful Naharin, is an amazingly committed, talented, and inspired group of artists. I hope you enjoy these pieces (Echad Mi Yodea and Max) as much as I do. The Gaga technique is also fascinating.
Ohad Naharin and Gaga:
Echad Mi Yodea: Batsheva
Pite and Cloudgate- contemporary modern dance artists
Crystal Pite: Tempest Pike
Journal Entry Questions:
- How do you compare the Pioneers of Early Modern Dance to today’s Dancemakers? Choose one work from a pioneer (Duncan, Graham, Ailey, etc. and compare to a work of one of the choreographers we viewed this week) What are the similarities and influences that you see? How has it evolved?
- How does ballet play a role in contemporary modern dance with regard to William Forsythe’s work?
- Which period of modern dance are you drawn to?
- What do you think about Pina Bausch’s Dance Theatre? What do you think Café Muller is about?
- What do you think about Ohad Naharin’s Gaga technique?
- Briefly describe your response to Naharin’s Echad Mi Yodea, what do you think makes this work so effective?
- Describe Crystal Pite’s process and how she works.
- The quA+lity
- Quickly answer
- Amanda Smith
- Emily Blunt
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Colossal Genius
- Terry Roberts
- jim claire
- prof avril
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- brilliant answers
- Jessica Luis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Brainy Brian
- Phd christine
- Catherine Owens
- Angelina May
- Urgent Tutor
- wizard kim
- Jenny Boom
- work solutions
- Paula Hog
- RESPECT WRITER
- kim woods
- Emily Michael
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Miss Professor
- university work
- Wendy Lewis
- phyllis young
- Homework Pro
- Dr. Elahi
- Casey Celia
- Doctor Okumu
- Dr Aleena
- Saad Fahim
- online quiz
- quick discussion yhtomit
- Create a 6- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation describing your selected genre and how your chosen film fits or does not fit the standard model for each of these genres. Include the following: Description of your selected genre Description o
- Individual Project Quantitative Analysis
- Point of view essay about regional contexts
- SERVICE EXPERIENCE REPORT
- Academic Giant