One of the core competencies necessary to succeed in a doctoral program is the ability to identify other research that pertains to a specific topic. This means you'll have to identify similar research, read the papers, and assimilate prior work into your own research. An annotated bibliography helps you develop and hone these research skills.
As part of the Residency Project, you will individually develop an Annotated Bibliography this week. At the residency, you will share this with your group, discuss policymaking in the digital age along with the peer-reviewed articles you have located and come up with a research topic for your group
This assignment is listed on the syllabus as "Annotated Bibliography" and is worth 10% of your grade. Your paper will be an annotated bibliography, specifically focusing on the topic of using the information and communications technology for policymaking. The papers you select must address how IT is used to model behavior for policymaking. An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 -200 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. A separate reference page is NOT required.
Your paper must be in correct APA format, use correct grammar, and will need to include at least five (5) resources, ALL of which must:
1) Be current. Published within the last five years.
2) Be peer-reviewed.
3) Relate directly to using the information and communications technology for policymaking. The papers you select must address how IT is used to model behavior for policymaking.
USE YOUR OWN WORDS!!!! DO NOT PLAGIARIZE!!!!
Remember that an annotation is not the same as an abstract. Abstracts are descriptive. Your annotations are to be evaluative and critical. Give me enough information for me to decide if I'm interested enough to read the paper, and also how you perceive the paper. Don't go skimpy on these annotations, but DO NOT write too much here. Quality is far more important than quantity. This exercise is for each of you to demonstrate that you can identify, categorize, and digest multiple research papers.
Every resource you choose must be peer-reviewed. That means the paper must have undergone a formal peer review before being published in a journal or presented at a conference. You must ensure that your resources have undergone rigorous reviews. In most cases, you can find out the review process for a conference or journal by visiting the appropriate web site. Do not simply assume that a resource is peer-reviewed - check it out.
Here are a few URLs with additional information: (I strongly suggest that you look at these. Really.)
http://libguides.enc.edu/writing_basics/annotatedbib/apa <<<< Check out the "Rules! rules! rules!" section
- 2 years ago
- BU 340 MANAGERIAL FINANCE II EXAM 2, 3, 5, 7 AND 8
- For this assignment, you are required to read the article entitled “HazMat Emergencies: Decontamination and Victim Chain of Survival,” by Gunderson, Helikson, and Heffner (2014), and write a review. The article may be found in the Academic Search Complete
- Sir_excellence , part 1, $30
- two countries where workers have experienced human rights violations or violations of labor laws other than U.S
- BUSN Math..Problem 10....Due in 3 hours
- New Sociology Assignment
- GBIO 225 week 4 Exam
- This is just for our Discussion post
- CJS 240 Week 5 Discussion Questions DQ 2. What are the benefits of a comprehensive juvenile justice strategy? What aspects of a comprehensive strategy contribute to those benefits? What are the drawbacks to implementing a comprehensive juvenile justice?
- NOT RATED
Suppose you lead a task force that is developing a simulation to provide strategic planning recommendations for property use zoning for a county of 750,000 residents. The zoning board and …2 years ago
- NOT RATED
Agent-based modelinghas been applied in many domains. Why are they becoming an influential methodology to study social systems? Research the role of ABM in the process of …2 years ago