ab 3 Cells & Microscope Download Open with docReader
. Which letter on the microscope points to the
COARSE ADJUSTMENT ______
FINE ADJUSTMENT ______
STAGE CENTERING ______
View the slide labeled cheek smear. Sketch the image at Scanning, Low and High Power. LABEL on high power the CELL MEMBRANE, CYTOPLASM, and NUCLEUS.
3. Go to google and type "cheek cells" into the search box. Click on "images" to see all the images google has found on the web showing cheek cells (there should be hundreds).
What do all of these images have in common?
How do the cells vary from one picture to the next (how are they different)?
4. Why are the google images of cells different colors? What is the natural color of a cheek cell?
5. Use the internet or your textbook to define or describe each of the following terms that relate to the cell.
cell membrane -
6. Keeping in mind that the mouth is the first site of chemical digestion in a human. Your saliva starts the process of breaking down the food you eat. Keeping this in mind, what organelle do you think would be the most numerous inside the cells of your mouth? (Hint: what organelle is responsible for breaking things down and digesting?)
You will be looking at the slide (top right) labeled "letter e". Follow the tutorial and use the microscope adjustments to focus the "e" on each of the objectives.
Draw the "e" exactly as it appears
1. Familiarize yourself with the microscope, run the tutorial and examine the parts you will be working with.
a. How many objectives are on the virtual microscope?
b. What are the numbers listed on each of the objectives?
o complete the lab: Access the UD Virtual Compound Microscope
- Catherine Owens
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- Jessica Luis
- Phd isaac newton
- Tiny Chris
- Emily Clare
- Quickly answer
- phyllis young
- Eva Green
- Emily Michael
- Harris Khan
- Dr. Elahi
- Saad Fahim
- Exemplary Writer
- Personality Theories in the Psychodynamic Tradition
- Don Timoh
- history !!!
- 402-Assignment 2-Plagiarism free
- rust(iron(iii)oxide) is produced when iron reacts with oxygen. how many grams of rust are produced when 12.0g of iron rust?
- essay 400 - 700 words
- Case study on Jetblue Airlines
- Research Paper - Wonders of the Ancient World
BIOL 1115 Human Biology
Lab 3: Cells
View the slide labeled cheek smear. Sketch the image at Scanning, Low and High Power.
LABEL on high power the CELL MEMBRANE, CYTOPLASM, and NUCLEUS.