16. Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory talks about how joint activities and scaffolding are both important for cognitive development. Explain how these two components of Vygotsky’s theory relate to experience-expectant and experience-dependent development.
17. Using a dynamic systems perspective, explain how learning to (1) reach, (2) crawl, and (3) walk helps infants’ cognitive development. In your answer, make sure to mention all three of these motor skills (reaching, crawling, and walking).
18. Explain how child-rearing using the goodness-of-fit model allows caregivers to help infants and toddlers develop emotional self-regulation. Be sure to mention temperament in your answer.
19. select one
Dr. Atagi spent part of her early childhood in Japan, which has a culture that values interdependence and social harmony. When she would play games with her cousins and win, she would often happily exclaim, “I win!” Based on this information, how do you think Dr. Atagi’s grandparents (who are Japanese) responded?
Group of answer choices
a.They told her to be proud of her personal accomplishment and celebrate.
b. They told her that she should be more modest and stop seeking so much individual attention.
c. They told her to feel incredibly ashamed for going against cultural norms.
d. They told her to feel bad for her cousins who lost the game while still being outwardly proud of her personal accomplishment.
20. Daria, age 6 months, and Alexis, age 9 years, are sisters. They both experienced a car crash that resulted in brain injury to the same area of their parietal lobes. Which sister has the better chance for full recovery from their brain injury?
Group of answer choices
a. Neither sister has a chance for full recovery
c. Both Daria and Alexis are equally likely to fully recover
21. select answer in [. ]
Although 30-month-old Lisa used to categorize cups made of glass and clear-plastic into one group and categorize cups made of ceramic and opaque-plastic into another group, she now categorizes all of these cups—as well as mugs, teacups, bowls, and other containers that can hold liquid—into one group. This description suggests that Lisa used to categorize based on [ Select ] ["shape", "flexible", "conceptual", "perceptual"] information, but now categorizes based on [ Select ] ["conceptual", "flexible", "shape", "perceptual"] information.
- 4 months ago
- Consider a charged metallic spherical shell of radius a = 1.75 cm. The potential at a distance of r =...
- HCS 588 Week 6 QI Plan Part 4 - What types of care or service does your chosen
- Accounting due Friday
- Peinciples of finance-what is its self-supporting growth rate?
- for professor geek only
- Advocacy and Mediation in Human Services
- Criminal Justice
- NOT RATED
16. Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory talks about how joint activities and scaffolding are both important for cognitive development. Explain how these two components of Vygotsky’s theory relate to …4 months ago