3 part case study
For this assignment you will respond to three case studies.
What is a Case Study?
“A case study is a narrative used to help you practice real-life analysis and communication skills. It is a learning tool that provides readers with “enough detail…to understand the nature and scope of the problem, and…serve as a springboard for discussion and learning” (O’Rourke, 2007, p. 391).
Use your textbook and academic resources from the Library to support your responses.
Access the Library directly from Course Resources for this class, or through the student portal. Be sure to cite and reference all your sources. The Library has a feature that allows you to automatically create an APA formatted reference.
Your completed case study should be between 750–1000 words, and all sources must be properly cited using APA format.
- Amy is cooking dinner for her family. She moves to pull a pot off the stove and accidently touches the burner. She reflexively pulls her finger away from the stove and immediately feels the pain.
- Which receptor neuron is responsible for sending information from her finger to her peripheral nervous system?
- Is this receptor neuron, an afferent or efferent neuron?
- Explain where the information from the receptor neuron is sent and how does it result in Amy moving her finger away from the stove.
- How many neurons are typically involved in this response? What are the names of these neurons?
- Evolutionarily, why do you think the human body has this system in place?
- What might happen if we did not have this response?
- Glen, who is 45 years old, begins to notice that his hands shake (tremors) when he is performing everyday tasks such as signing his signature. His family members have noticed that he also has muffled speech and tends to shuffle when he walks. He is diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinson’s disease.
- What is Early Onset Parkinson’s disease?
- What specific cell type is affected in Parkinson’s disease?
- What is dopamine? What effects does dopamine have on the body?
- Explain the structure of a synapse and why Glen’s neurologist would prescribe him a dopamine agonist?
- Glen has genetic testing performed and it is determined that he does carry an autosomal dominant mutation in the SNCA gene associated with Early Onset Parkinson’s disease. Glen has three children. Would you advise his children to have genetic testing performed to determine if they also carry the disease mutation? Why or why not?
- Patricia, who is 37 years old, discusses with her physician recent symptoms that she has experienced including blurred vision, numbness in her fingers and face, dizziness, fatigue and weakness. The physician performs multiple neurological tests and she is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- What is MS?
- Is MS a disease of the central or peripheral nervous system?
- What is the main cell structure affected in MS?
- How is the action potential of a neuron affected in MS?
- The origins of MS are not clear. What do scientists hypothesize to be the causes of MS?
Your assignment should be written in an essay format. The assignment requires you to include details from research including the course materials and sources you locate on your own. Remember to use APA format to cite your sources of information, both within parenthetical citations and also within a reference page at the end of the project.
Basic Writing Requirements:
- Between 750–1000 words not counting the title or reference pages.
- Include a title page, double space, font size 10 or 12.
- Include a well-developed introduction and conclusion
- Provide exceptional content.
- Demonstrate superior organization: use logic.
- Free of grammar and spelling errors.
- No evidence of plagiarism.
- Use the APA style for all citations.
- Daisy Arabella
- Amanda Smith
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Jah Provides
- Wendy Lewis
- brilliant answers
- Tutor Mmsana
- Paula Hog
- Miss Brigit
- Michelle K
- Claire Audrey
- ANN HARRIS
- Sasha Spencer
- Yazmin Grey PhD
- Professional research writer
- Super Proff
- Miss Professor
- Michelle Owens
- Fadia Nawaz
- kim woods
- Catherine Owens
- prof bradley
- Malik teacher
- Rey writer
- Prof Allan
- Tutor Faith
- Epic Writer Phd
- Sophia Miles
- Witty Peter
- Moen Zafar
- Karim Asad
- Lady Taylor PhD
- Business Writer
- PROF. ANN
- Carla Bunnie
- defare office
- Phd isaac newton
- KIKS Writer
- Prof. Goodwill
- phyllis young
- Terry Roberts
- ROYAL ANSWERS
- Julie Wayne
- Kelly Jacobs
- PROF. KATELYN
- HRM533 Discussion Questions week 6
- I need a full plan of IMC Plan for this company described bellow 1Click - Business Consultant Service Executive Summary 1Click is entrepreneurial...
- Calculating Inventory
- Philosophy homework
- attention Yhtomit - Find Small Business Finance
- I have a test in ECON 2420
- Economic problems
- Applied Criminal Justice Ethics
The case study should be between 750 minumum words, and all sources must be properly cited using APA format. Writen in Essa Format.
- Amy is cooking dinner for her family. She moves to pull …
CE330 Teaching Across Content Math Science and Sociology for Young ChildrenThe Scientific Process
For this Assignment, you will be creating a science experiment for use with early …