2-1 Discussion: Six Types of Power Reflect in ePortfoliosuperr
As a first step toward crafting your discussion post, review the short video, Six Bases of Power for Leaders, from this module's assigned resources.
Now, apply the six types of power identified in the video to the Netflix case study, which you read about last week.
- Official (positional) power
- Transactional (reward) power
- Coercive power
- Knowledge (information) power
- Principle-centered (social)
Consider the types of power that Sharon Slade, the chief human resources officer (CHRO) at Netflix, has in this situation. In your initial post, first describe the six types of power Sharon possesses. Then, provide examples that show how Sharon may exhibit this type of power during the negotiations. Finally, provide a reason why this type of power is important in this setting. Use the example below as a guide.
Example—Official (positional) power: This is the power that comes from the title/position. For example, Sharon has authority in human resource matters, as defined by the scope of her role as the CHRO. She can draw on her knowledge of the company's policies and the law during the negotiations to drive a fair bargain.
- 2 years ago
- APA Exercise Assignment
- PSY 410 Week 3 Individual Assignment Eating, Substance Abuse, Impulse-Control, Sex Gender Sexual, and Personality Disorders Matrix and Paper
- ASHWORTH AR300 ONLINE EXAM 8/ASHWORTH AR300 ONLINE EXAM 8
- OI 361 Week 4 Individual Assignment Mental Process Paper
- NEED IN 15 HOURS OR BEFORE
- Managerial Accounts
- IS project plan
- Unit Three Case Analysis