Discussion Board[email protected]
Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 13
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook). The elements of moral philosophy (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education Rachels, S., & Rachels, J. (2019).
Introduction Some people believe that you can tell who a person is by what they do when no one is looking. Let us look at the following case. John Doe, a nurse, has downloaded an application to her phone that allows him to download copyrighted textbooks for a nursing course (that Doe is going to take) without his Internet Service Provider knowing it. The application is called "Cloak" as in cloak of invisibility (a hooded coat one wears to make it so others cannot see you). The application disguises his phone and makes it so the information on it is inaccessible. John is aware that other people who are of a lower socio-economic status (like him) also use this software program for the same reason (and to save money). John Doe knows that his religion forbids him from using this application to download in this manner. John Doe is focused on his own economic situation and does not consider the publisher, author, and others involved in the books. Think about a course of social action; what social values should be used to address this moral issue and conflict.
Instructions all questions must be answered
· Create a personal ethical philosophy and explain from which philosophy or philosophies (it must include at least one of the following: virtue ethics, Kantian ethics, utilitarianism, virtue ethics, or social contract ethics) you created it and why the contents are important and meaningful for you. List its precepts.
· Take your personal ethical philosophy statement and use it to work through John Doe's case. What is moral and immoral per your theory?
· How would the veil of ignorance or a different theory of justice address John Doe's case?
· Length: 1 full page
· Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside scholarly source)
· APA format for in-text citations and list of references