Unit III Projectma2211
· Weight: 8% of course grade
· Due: Tuesday, 07/16/2019 11:59 PM (CST)
As a continuation of our course project due in Unit VIII (a proposal for an industrial and hazardous waste treatment facility), complete the next two sections (management considerations and physical treatment) of your proposal by following the instructions carefully, and then submit your continued draft of your proposal into Blackboard for grading.
1. Closely read the Required Reading assignment from Bahadori (2014) and the Unit Lesson within the Study Guide.
2. Open your proposal draft from Unit I and make any improvements to your draft using your professor’s feedback from the Unit I project assignment.
3. Open the Unit II Study Guide, read the Unit II Lesson, and then work with the embedded interactive model to decide what physical treatment equipment to include in your treatment process design.
4. Continue from your Unit I Project and make your second level one heading titled “Management Considerations.” Discuss the following variables as part of the scenario. Be sure to mention your intentions to provide physical treatment, chemical treatment, biological treatment, general sewage treatment techniques, and solid waste treatment using the financial resources identified below. Also, consider how you would organize, manage, and lead staff. Discuss what staff certifications and facility licenses will be required in order to operate the facility. Finally, discuss when you anticipate that the facility will demonstrate a return on the investment (ROI):
. Capital costs of construction budget: $1,000,000 (5-year note)
. Capital cost of equipment budget: $1,000,000 (5-year)
. O&M budget: $500,000/year
. Forecasted revenue generation: $1,000,000/year
. Useful life of plant: 15 years minimum
. Loan interest rate: 5% (5 year note)
. Operating hours: Monday through Friday: 0800hrs – 1700hrs
. Available personnel: 4 staff members
You are required to describe the scenario in at least one page.
5. Continue from your Unit I Project and make your third level one heading titled “Physical Treatment.” Discuss what physical treatment equipment you are proposing for your treatment process. Be sure and describe why you selected the equipment and what final effluent concentrations you anticipate will be lowered with the equipment. You are required to describe the equipment selection in at least one page.