Technology Check for MATH 117 Test 2 F2020 Name ________________________ Answer the questions below, then submit your paper through Blackboard.
• You may print out this page and handwrite the answers, then photograph or scan the assignment before uploading, OR
• You may rewrite the questions on a separate page, then handwrite the answers. • You may type directly on this document or write directly on this document. For this to
work, you must 1) download the document from Blackboard and SAVE it with a new name, 2) write on the document, 3) SAVE it again, then 4) upload your completed assignment to Blackboard
1. Here are some symbols you may need during your test. Copy and paste to answer the questions below.
• σ ρ µ α s ≠ ± x̅ p̂ p H₀ Hₐ Which symbol represents the population mean?______ Which symbol represents the sample mean?______ Which symbol represents a sample proportion?______ Which symbol represents a population standard deviation?______ Which symbol represents the null hypothesis?______
2. Here is the original two-way table from the student survey data. Fill in the empty cells.
Smoking data by gender Female Male Total
Smoke 16 25 Does not smoke 153 166
3. The FloridaLakes dataset includes 53 observations on 12 variables including the pH (acidity) of a sample of 53 Florida lakes. a) Log onto StatKey and prepare to create a bootstrap confidence interval for a mean. b) Use the drop-down menu to load the FloridaLakes pH data. c) Determine a 90% confidence interval for the mean pH of all Florida lakes. Write your interval
using the correct notation. (____________, ___________)