All papers need to include references and be written in APA format o Refer to https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ for APA formatting standards.
• All papers must include a well-designed cover page with document title, due date, date turned in, student name, year of schooling, name of institution, class name, instructor name;
• Students MUST include a formal table of contents/outline (following cover page) of your document using APA format.
• Refer to “The Path to Writing a Professional Document” within Blackboard for crucial tips to improve your documents.
Chapter 3: Reactions to the Hyperborder (Politics);
o 2 pages minimum
o Formal paper using APA format, include source
o Cover page
o Instructions continued on next page…
Write a summary of the article/video you are sharing, so that you may give an informed summary to the class before you present your piece. Within the paper, discuss the sociology concepts from Chapter 3: Reactions to the Hyperborder which relate to your topic. Also, use your sociological perspective to reveal your personal thoughts about the subject.
Load the internet link/presentation on your computer before class begins.
o the student will give a short introduction to the current event video/article/news piece with an explanation of how it relates to what we are studying using specific concepts as examples.
o student will give their sociological perspective on the subject, pose a good question
Your grade will be based on
• Introduced issue well: 10 points
•Quality of writing: 10 points
• Critical thinking applied: 10 points
• All instructions followed ( 2 full written pages (not including title, outline or reference pages): 10 points
• Cover page aesthetics and includes all required elements: 10 points
• Outline quality: 10 points
• APA style applied correctly to body of paper and reference page: 10 points
• Spelling and grammar: 10 points
• Critical thinking applied (mostly apparent in the conclusion): 10 points
• Good introduction and conclusion: 10 points
• All questions addressed: 10 points
• Good use of quality maps and images relating directly to the written discussions 10 points
• High quality sources (3 minimum sources): 10 points