After reviewing all resources this week, create a PowerPoint presentation, present your work, and then submit an outline of the information you compiled for the presentation. This assignment has been divided into three parts.
Create a Prezi or PowerPoint presentation that covers the following areas (feel free to use the seven items below as inspiration for the titles of your slides):
1. Explain why academic integrity is important at Northcentral University and for your chosen career in the Marriage and Family Therapy field.
2. Include possible consequences of academic integrity violation.
3. Provide an example of how to cite the four following resources: 1) journal articles, 2) a book, 3) a chapter in a book, and 4) a media resource of your choice (movie, song, video clip, etc.). There should be one example for each of the four resources.
4. Offer two examples of proper versus improper paraphrasing (correctly citing where you got this information). For each example, first provide the quote and then give an example of properly paraphrasing it and an example of improperly paraphrasing it.
5. Identify resources available to students to help improve their writing skills.
6. Identify resources available to students to learn more about proper APA formatting.
7. Include a full references slide, in APA format, listing the sources you used to create the presentation.
Your presentation can be informative, creative, and effective. Please note that good presentations do not contain too much information in the slides/transitions. They contain enough information to “whet the appetite” of the participants, and then the presenter uses his/her narration to do the majority of the communication.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights (yours) relating directly to this topic. Your presentation should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Slides should have citations to indicate where information is used from an outside source, and there should be a references slide at the end with full APA citations of all material used in the presentation.
Presentation Length: 6-9 slides or transitions (excluding the title slide/transition and references slide/transition)
After creating your presentation, you will be asked to deliver this presentation to your professor. You have four options to deliver the presentation you developed.
STUDENT WILL DECIDE DELIVERY METHOD
Prepare an outline of your presentation..
Presentation Outline Length: 2-3 pages
All of your work for this assignment—including the presentation, narration, and outline—should demonstrate what you have learned about plagiarism, academic integrity here at NCU, and APA formatting.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.