HWE 200 Introduction to Health and Wellness WK2-Jchantaxrews
Powers, S. K., & Dodd, S. L. (2017). Total fitness & wellness, the Mastering Health edition (7th ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com
· Chapter 2: General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
· Chapter 3: Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
· Chapter 4: Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
· Chapter 5: Improving Flexibility
· Chapter 6: Body Composition
Garber, C. E., Blissmer, B., Deschenes, M., Franklin, B. A., Lamonte, M. J., Lee, I., Nieman, D. C., & Swain, D. (2011). Quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, and neuromotor fitness in apparently healthy adults: Guidance for prescribing exercise (Links to an external site.) . Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 43(7), 1334-1359. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e318213fefb
· In this article, exercise recommendations for healthy adults and adults with chronic diseases are provided. Cardiorespiratory, resistance training, flexibility, and neuromuscular recommendations are explained. Health benefits of a regular exercise program are also discussed. This article will help you with your written assignment this week.
Burt, V. (Writer), & Breitenmoser, K. (Director & Producer) (2010). The body in motion: Fitness, skill, and training [Video file]. Retrieved from https://fod.infobase.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=42237&wID=100753&plt=FOD&loid=0&w=640&h=480&fWidth=660&fHeight=530
· In this video, viewers will learn practical tests that measure the health-related and skill-related components of fitness, how to apply the FITT principle—frequency, intensity, type, and time—to a training regimen, and what happens to the cardiorespiratory system during exercise. This video will assist you with your journal and written assignment this week.
American College of Sports Medicine. (2018). Updated physical activity guidelines now available (Links to an external site.) . Retrieved from https://www.acsm.org/read-research/newsroom/news-releases/news-detail/2018/11/12/updated-physical-activity-guidelines-now-available
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. (2018). Physical activity (Links to an external site.) . Retrieved from https://health.gov/paguidelines/
Exercise is medicine (Links to an external site.) . (http://exerciseismedicine.org/)