Health Promotion Planning Projectaaaa1
Health Promotion Planning Project Guide
Description of current health problem affecting children or adolescents including national/state/local statistics.
Provide your specific behavior change goal (or goals) statement. This broad statement includes who and what. For example, to reduce fire injury among children in Logan County.
Prepare a list of measurable objectives that would indicate achievements of the goals. The objectives must be reasonable and achievable within the given time frame. It must include a what, when, how much change, and who.
+ + + =
By 2019, fire injury among 7-12 year olds in Logan County would be reduced by 5%.
4. Selected planning model: PRECEDE-PROCEED, MATCH, Intervention Mapping, CDCynergy, SMART, MAPP, Generalized Model for Program Planning. May use all constructs or selected constructs from model. Plan your intervention/program.
5. Implementation: When, how, who will deliver program? Program materials? Where will program be implemented? How long will program last? Who will help with implementation? Will it be after school or part of a school program?
6. Evaluation: How will you assess changes in behavior, knowledge, beliefs, attitude or skills?
- Process evaluation: When will you conduct it; are the materials, delivery methods working? (Are students able to read and follow instructions clearly? Is delivery time suitable for school and students?)
- Impact Evaluation: Any changes in knowledge, attitude, beliefs, skills (use program objectives as the standard of measurement). What will you use to assess this? (knowledge-based questionnaire, skills test?)
- Outcome Evaluation: Changes in fire-related injuries? (Takes not less than 5 yrs). Can get information from local health department, emergency room records, local newspapers, State Department of Public Health website, CDC etc).
How much Change