According to the American Diabetes Association (2011), 25.8 million children and adults have been diagnosed with diabetes in the United States. Approximately 2 million more are diagnosed every year, with another 79 million people considered to be in a pre-diabetes state. These millions of people are at risk of several alterations, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. Since diabetes has a major impact on the health of millions of people around the world, it is essential for nurses to understand the pathophysiology and associated alterations of this disorder. In this Discussion, you compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus.
· Review Chapter 19 in the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 18 in the McPhee and Hammer text. Identify the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Consider the similarities and differences between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
· Select two of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Think about how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
· Describe the differences and similarities between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
· Then explain how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
· Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
· A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to...) is required in the introduction of all writings.
· Please review all rubrics.
· Check APA format/setting.
· Your final paragraph should be a summary of the key points of your paper.
· Please personalized where necessary.
Refrain from direct quote
Avoid public facing sites like university web pages or foundation pages (such as the American Cancer Society or the Alzheimer's Association) and medical sites designed for consumption by the general public (such as Mayo Clinic or WebMD).
you are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines.
May use https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html
Writer must be familiar with nursing pharmacology
see class rules
cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines
Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to...) is required in the introduction of all writings
Rules for writing (FYI)
Whether writing a discussion posting or a paper, keep a few things in mind—
2) I am not looking for pathophysiological explanations that we would give to patients (e.g. “your heart just isn’t pumping the right way). While this explanation is acceptable for patient teaching, it will not cut it in a course titled “advanced pathophysiology.” To be very specific- I am looking for you to tell me the precise aberrancies (or theorized aberrancies) which inexorably lead to disease states. Thanks.