packet tracer (project)Lama 99-99
Communications & Network Fundamentals Project instructions
For the project related to the course CIS315: Communications & Network Fundamentals, each group is required to Design and configure a Network for small organizations (business/educational/office) .
This is a group assignment, so we need groups of 2 students per group. Each group is required to design a LAN for an organization that has more than one floors with different departments inter Accessibility using PACKET TRACER V7.1 or latest versions and submit a report.
Each group are required to submit a list-names of student be a group and a project proposal until the end of week 9. Below example of topologies proposed by the instructor are listed. Students can submit a proposal by choosing any of the topologies listed or submit proposal for a topology on their own.
1. Explain how you create, configure, and verify a small network of directly connected LANs. (3 Marks)
2. Explain how configure routers. (2 Marks)
3. In this Project, you will demonstrate that you know how to design, configure, and verify VOIP over a very small network. (3 marks)
4. Configure the IP addresses, subnet mask and host addresses for each subnet. (2 marks)
5. Design and configuration are most important parts of this Project.
Network and end Devices:
More than 4 PCs
More than 2 Laptop
More than 1 Printer IP
More than 2 Cisco Switch
More than 2 Cisco Router
More than 1 Wireless Router or Access point
1 or more server
1 or more modem
Cables: UTP, serial, console…
Cisco Packet tracer v7.1 or latest versions