Infrastructure as Code Reporttruth83
Project 2 Lab 1
· Used the CLI with the command: ec2 create-vpc with the CIDR block notation of 10.0.0/16
· Ran the command aws create-tags –resources vpc-05f9ca0fd5058e0ea –tags “Key=Name,Value=CLI VPS”
· I went back to the EC2 dashboard and viewed the VPC to make sure it was available.
· Both states were available
· This step was to provision an internet gateway using the command aws ec2 create-tags –resources igw-03eca421cd4ed5988 –tags “Key=Name,Value=CLI IG”
· I ran the command aws ec2 attach-internet-gateway –internet-gateway-id igw-03eca421cd4ed5988 –vpc-id vpc-05f9ca0fd5058e0ea
· I went back to the EC2 dashboard to verify the gateway was created and used the CLI to attach the internet gateway to the VPC. In the dashboard, it shows the VPC as being attached.
· After I verified everything was correct, I went back to the dashboard and deleted my gateway as well as VPC as to not incur charges from AWS.
Describe how using scripting framework like AWS CLI can help BallotOnline in administering its cloud deployment?
· Scripting Framework like AWS CLI can help BallotOnline in administering its cloud deployment by creating automation which is less time consuming then locating and administering an AMI, setting up a VPC manually and creating an Internet Gateway. This would cut half the time it would take and would save the company overall in annual spending using the AWS management console.