Identification of a Practice Issue for the EBP ProjectVivibelle
Best Practices in Nursing Specialties
The following is an overview of the four Applications that are assigned in this course.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project
Application 1: Identification of a Practice Issue for the Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project (developed in Week 2)
· Provide a summary of the selected practice issue in which the outcome is different from what would be expected according to the research literature. (Note: The issue you select must be suitable for completing the entire EBP Project.)
Application 1 is due by Day 3 of Week 2.
Application 2: Laying the Foundation for New Approaches to Practice (developed in Weeks 4 and 5)
In a 3- to 5-page paper, include the following:
· A brief summary of the currency of the science underlying the practices used to address your EBP Project issue
· Possible causes of the difference in outcomes from what would be expected according to the research literature
· The effect the EBP Project issue is having in practice
· Current research evidence on new practices for addressing the EBP Project issue
· A summary of the evidence-based practice model (including models from other disciplines as appropriate) and/or change theory or framework you will utilize to systematically integrate new approaches to practice to address the issue
Application 2 is due by Day 3 of Week 5.
Application 3: Becoming a Leader in the Translation of Evidence to Practice (developed in Weeks 6 and 7)
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that synthesizes:
2) Your vision of yourself as a leader—specifically:
a. How you would continue to increase your knowledge and awareness of financial, economic, and other concerns related to new practice approaches
b. How translating evidence would enable you to affect or strengthen health care delivery and nursing practice
c. How you would advocate for the use of new evidence-based practice approaches through the policy arena
Application 3 is due by Day 3 of Week 7.
Application 4: Planning for Change, Implementing and Evaluating EBP Projects (developed in Weeks 8–10)
· Write a 4- to 8-page paper that addresses the following:
2) Planning for Change
a) Analyze the impact of implementing change in your practice environment, including the factors that need to be considered regarding stakeholders and end users.
b) Summarize the methods you would use to ensure that those are adequately addressed.
d) 3) Implementing EBP Projects
e) Identify the desired outcomes of your EBP Project.
f) Describe any macro or micro systems issues that may inhibit implementation and strategies for resolving those issues.
g) Explain how resolving your EBP Project issue will improve quality and patient safety.
h) 4) Evaluating EBP Projects
i) Describe evaluation strategies.
j) Formulate new practice guidelines based on the possible results of the evaluation of outcomes.
k) Describe, if appropriate, new standards of care relevant to the new practice guidelines.
Application 4 is due by Day 3 of Week 10.