Assignment 2 - Business Management Liability ScenarioTeonaJLove
Assignment 2 – Guide and Expectations
Due end of Week 5 – worth 75 points
· Write a 2 to 3-page paper. Paper should be typed, double-spaced using Times New Roman (font size 12-point) with 1-inch margins on all sides. Cover page should include your name and the date only.
· Two credible and scholarly sources are required. Textbook can be and should be one source.
· Remember all papers must follow Strayer Writing Standards, not APA, for citing sources in the text of the paper and on the Reference Page. See the link in BB titled, “Strayer Writing Standards.” Failure to cite sources in the text of the paper and reference them will result in a zero paper until corrected.
1. Pursuant to contract law, is the waiver of liability legal and do Brian’s verbal assurances become part of the contract? Why or why not?
Consider the issues below when formulating your answer: Foundation comes from reading Chapters 11 and 12 of the textbook. What is a contract and the required elements? What is a waiver of liability and what makes it valid? Can a contract be verbal or is it required in writing? Can what someone says override the contract terms and become part of a contract already made?
2. Does Peta have a product liability case against the mower manufacturer Ferrari for a design defect, manufacturing defect, or failure-to-warn defect?
Consider the issues below when formulating your answer: Foundation comes from reading Chapter 13 of textbook. What is product liability defect law? What are the three causes of action and, when is a manufacturer liable for the product when it hurts someone?
3. Does Lori have a claim for her injuries, and can she recover pain and suffering damages or worker’s compensation?
Consider the issues below when formulating your answer: Foundation comes from reading Chapter 13 of textbook and researching state worker’s compensation laws. Who is it available to and when? What damages are allowed when getting worker’s compensation versus tort law and suing in court
Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
· Quality resources are course textbook, published books, academic journal articles, expert reports and case law.
· Wikipedia is not accepted.
Follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) when citing sources in the text of the paper and on the Source page.
Failure to cite sources in the text of the paper will result in a zero grade and resubmission of paper. Late penalty policy will apply.
The following citation will not be accepted and you will lose points: Citing a website only as: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18229714/cognizant-facebook-content-moderator-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona
· Start your Assignment early (Do not wait to start 48 hours before the Assignment is due).
· Discuss each question equally – for example do not write 2 pages for question 1, and 2 sentences for question 3.
· Your answers should be based on your research of the law and facts, not your opinion.
· Do no write about your feelings, emotions and personal experiences.
· Ensure you submit the correct paper by checking your gradebook to see your submission in BB.
· Use Grammarly and the Online Tutor for help with writing – they are free.
· Remember to paraphrase your answers based on your research.
· Do not write an announcement in your paper, for example, “In this paper I will discuss whether or not I believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim. I will suggest and elaborate on three (3) ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.” This may increase your SafeAssign score.
· Do not write word for word from sources or your SafeAssign will be high and you will lose points for resubmission.
· Do not write the Assignment questions in your paper.
· Do not write about your personal experiences in your paper.
Keep Calm and Good Luck!
Page 1 of 3