View the film Twelve Angry Men and write a paper analyzing the group discussion dramatized in the film. While watching the film, take notes that include specific examples to illustrate concepts related to group communication. You may want to view film again as you develop ideas for your paper.
Issues for Analysis
Your analysis of the jury should address five issues. Provide specific examples from the film to support your conclusions.
1. Leadership: Describe the different approaches to leadership represented on the jury. What theory or theories best explain(s) the leadership of this group?
2. Participation: Describe the task, maintenance, and self-centered roles represented in the film. What were some of the participation problems confronted by the group? How did the group deal with these problems?
3. Climate: Describe the communication climate throughout most of the jury’s deliberations. What specific verbal and nonverbal behaviors contributed to this climate?
4. Conflict: Provide examples of substantive, procedural, and affective conflict. What were some of the conflict styles of group members? How successfully were conflicts resolved in the group?
5. Argumentation: Evaluate the jury members’ arguments. How well did the characters evaluate information?
· Responds thoroughly and responsibly to all five issues.
· Demonstrates understanding of the basic components of effective argumentation.
· Paper is clearly organized and well-written.
· Paper is proofread and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
· Paper is double spaced
· Paper cites at least 3 concepts/issues from text in APA format