For "A-Z Answers only"stbvehxgan68
For this question, choose either Ibsen’s A Doll’s House or Susan Glaspell’s Trifles.
Part A: Identify a key dialogue between two characters in either play. Take one character’s part, and find someone (a friend, classmate, family member, or co-worker) who will take the other part, and read the passage aloud. (If you are especially ambitious, you may record the reading and post it along with your written work, but this is not required.) Make some notes about the experience, particularly about what, if anything, is revealed by reading the dialogue aloud.
Part B: Now take the dialogue and make a table, as shown below. In the first column, briefly summarize what the first character says. Moving across the page, in the second column, tell what this character means. In the third column, tell what the character implies or suggests, but does not state outright. Finally, note any information that remains unspoken by the first character. Do the same with the second character’s lines.
|First Character’s Lines||Obvious Meanings||Implied Meanings||Unspoken Information|
|Second Character’s Lines||Obvious Meanings||Implied Meanings||Unspoken Information|
Part C: Now that you have studied the dialogue carefully, write at least one-half page (175 words) analyzing the difference between what each character says and what each character means. End your analysis by speculating why this difference exists. In other words, discuss the gap between what is said and what is meant and how it contributes to building the play’s meaning and/or theme(s).
Part D: Put together all the written materials from Parts A, B, and C in one document. Remember that claims in all parts of the assignment should be substantiated by excerpts from appropriate sources. Quotations, paraphrases, and summaries used in the assignment should be arranged according to APA rules of style, and in-text and reference citations should be provided, also formatted in APA style. Quoted material should never exceed 25% of the document. Post the final document in the Discussion Area. You may post any recording you made in Part A as a separate file. Including it is not mandatory.
- 8 years ago
- Help me choose the correct answer...?
- please any one help me for this questionnnnnnnn ı need urgently At the end of the spring term, a high...
- Analysis these 40 lines from 1984: WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH He took a twenty-five cent...
- computer graphics
- Suppose h(t) is a twice-differentiable function with the known values: h 0 1...
- what type of star and its distance to earth and magnitude and color and surface temp is Gomeisa
- ECON224-1201A-21 Macroeconomics Assignment Name: Unit 4 Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3–4 pages Details: As an employee of the World Bank, you have been...
- find the inverse, f^(-1)(x), of the function f(x)=(-3+x)/(1-5x), if it exists
- Is x=4 linear or non linear